North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fargo Scheels, in conjunction with Aber Taxidermy, is hosting a big Whitetail buck contest this year. There are 5 divisions: Youth, Archery, Firearm, Muzzleloading, and Non-Typical. 1st Prize in each division is a shoulder mount from Chris Cantler at Aber Taxidermy. Second prize is a $100 Scheels Gift Card. 3rd prize is a $50 gift card.

Rules are as follows:

Boone and Crockett Gross scoring will be used.
Only heads/capes/antlers of legally tagged 2008 whitetails will be accepted.
Scheels employees, thier immediate families and any members of their household are not eligible.
Winners will be notified by phone following the competition.

You can have your buck scored at the designated trailer in the Fargo Scheels parking lot November 10, 13, 17, 20, or 24 from 6 to 8 PM. You can contact Chris Cantler of Aber Taxidermy to set up any other times to measure at (701) 553-8368 or (701) 388-9265.

Any questions...feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,191 Posts
Damn, I though guys would be dragging their bucks up the escalators!!! :eek: :eek: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL-no... I had a heck of a time coming up with a way to do this without having to drag deer around the store!! :D 8)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,737 Posts
I think I might already know the winner of the archery. There is a rumor that a guy shot a 4x4 socring 192. My friends saw it before it was scored and they both said it was the biggest deer they had ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
hunt4P&Y said:
Farris wheel?
There's an elevator in the back corner that's available for customers... of course I found this out AFTER I carried a 2-man ladder stand all the way down the stairs (the escalator was really busy, and I wasn't tired yet... taking the stairs was DUMB) by myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,734 Posts
Is it a North Dakota big buck only? Or can guys submit entries from Minnesota?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
893 Posts
blhunter3 said:
I think I might already know the winner of the archery. There is a rumor that a guy shot a 4x4 socring 192. My friends saw it before it was scored and they both said it was the biggest deer they had ever seen.
If thats the case that's the largest grossing 4x4 ever shot. Pictures...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
bretts said:
blhunter3 said:
I think I might already know the winner of the archery. There is a rumor that a guy shot a 4x4 socring 192. My friends saw it before it was scored and they both said it was the biggest deer they had ever seen.
If thats the case that's the largest grossing 4x4 ever shot. Pictures...
:beer: true that! ive seen VERY VERY LARGE 4x4's go in the area of 150 not saying it couldn't happen, but man it would have to be massive and very high for that score!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I recieved an email with a pic of the 4x4 that supposedly scores 192... Sorry I don't believe it for a second. Neither of the main beams are over 30", the spread is 22.5", and it doesn't look like any of the tines are much over 12". Does have quality mass though...

Nice, nice deer but com'n 192 on a 4x4... has their ever been a 190" 4x4 entered in the books? And if it turns out to be true, great, but it looks to me like a whole lot of 150's-160's.

Sorry would have posted the picture but I deleted it already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
192" :eek:

That would mean he'd have 8" brows, 14" G2's, 12" G3's, 28" mainbeams, and 24" mass on each side......factor in a 20" spread and there's your 192"!!

Would be an incredible deer! Not saying it couldn't happen but, like someone said, wouldn't that be close to a record of somekind?? I've seen a 4x4 that went into the 160's and that thing is a head turner!! 30 more inches to that!!!!! :bartime:

It most likely was a main frame 4x4 with a bunch of trash....that I could see going that high, but a straight 4x4......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
But 28" main beams are almost unheard of......so callem 25" ?

25" mbeams x2 = 50"

Super Mass=21"x2 = 42"

G1's = 8" a piece = 16"
g2's = 14 x 2 = 28"
3's = 14 x 2 = 28"

Spread = 22"
---------------------------------
186" gross.

Could happen. Net? much toughter. most racks are gonna have over 5" of deducts so he would have to gross in the upper 190's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
893 Posts
stickem14 said:
192" :eek:

That would mean he'd have 8" brows, 14" G2's, 12" G3's, 28" mainbeams, and 24" mass on each side......factor in a 20" spread and there's your 192"!!

Would be an incredible deer! Not saying it couldn't happen but, like someone said, wouldn't that be close to a record of somekind?? I've seen a 4x4 that went into the 160's and that thing is a head turner!! 30 more inches to that!!!!! :bartime:

It most likely was a main frame 4x4 with a bunch of trash....that I could see going that high, but a straight 4x4......
If it's a clean 4x4...well better watch for it in North American Whitetail Magazine. It is possible, my largest 4x4 I've seen grossed 156...it was a giant, I just can't imagine adding another 35-40 inches to that. :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top