North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the Straight Meat Honker from Foils and the SuperMag from Grounds.....Saunders makes a good call also.....until you learn to blow a short reed call they will all sound like crap to you.....it takes alot of practice to learn.....for me it was an hour a day over a six month period and I am still learning NEW NOTES after two years !

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
They all sound good if you know how to blow them. When you spend $150 for a goose call you're not going to get a POS.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Buy a Wingloc or a heartland. They are cheaper yet still high quality calls that you can learn on and not break the bank, yet they will still serve you well as you get better on them. Most of the good callers here (and no, I am not one of them ) still use some of these lower priced calls as well as their high end ones!!!

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I've got a SMH and a Heartland G. Buddy has a Supermag. Don't know about "best" for the really good callers, but for this novice, the Supermag is the easiest of the three (by a fair amount) to make goosey.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have a greenriver flock talk about 17.00 i think its a great call used it for the second year with great succes i also have a grounds and a zink and the flock talk sounds just as good and its true makeung the switch will drive you crazy you will get mad but dont quit its worth it if you hunt with your self or 2 or 3 guys you can sound like a flock the flock talk was very easy to learn for me about the the best for a beginer so good luck and dont give up it might take some time

·
Registered
463 Posts
foiles or grounds

Also look into thishttp://www.lewscalls.com

I got 2 of these now and they really sound great. Plus the guy who makes them is really cool and engraves some really neat stuff onto it.

He just came out with some new colors as well.

He even has acrylic guts in some of his calls.

NICE! :beer:

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I just got one of his calls today to, he engraved Goosebuster3 on the side of mine. And all i have to say is WOW! This call is by the far the loudest call i have blown. It will be my comp call from now on! BTW I have the acrylic guts. :beer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
i like any of the winglock calls...i also like the Giant Killer Calls (GK calls) they are great all around calls but it all depends on how you blow them and like them. try going to www.gkcalls.com and take a look at some of bob's calls

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have a meatgrinder also its nice i like it but i like my buck gardner call that i got for 15 dollers at the sportsmans wear house it sounds great :D :wink:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts