North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I tried the search feature, but ill be old and feeble by the time I get through 150+ pages of results.

Im looking at buying a Robo duck, but want to buy the right one. From what little Ive learned about them, it sounds like you can do right or wrong. Most of my hunting will be over field decoys, in a spread with lots of canada's. I want a remote controlled unit (or one with an easy to access switch) to kill it when the geese are flying in, and want one where the wings will stop in the right position so as not to flare them off (i.e. white side up)

Lets hear what you think

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
First of all you are going to get all kind of responses. I am sure everybody has there own brand that they go for over another. My buddies and myself use lucky ducks with remote. We like them, nice to shut off when geese are coming in. We also have a vortec with 2 air lucky ducks that is awesome in the late season. On cloudy or overcast days put a womans nylon over the wings of all robos helps with a more natural look( appreantly the duck wings don't shine on overcast days). It seems to work. We use any where from 4 to 7 and add the vortec later in the season. Magnum

·
Registered
747 Posts
.Lucky Duck.

It's all we use. We have like 6-8 between us. Even been dunked in the water by mistake and they still work.

However, they don't take well to 12 gauge birdshot....don't ask.

My friend has one Robo and even though it seems to work well, the Lucky's have been great and are cheaper.

Also, make sure remotes are legal in your areas. There not in MN.

·
Registered
987 Posts
lucky is going to be cheaper... they should last a long time... remember to charge battery in the spring and summer..... mine is a year old, and I just did 5 morning in a row without charging it (doesn't run the whole time obviously)

·
Registered
353 Posts
We have a mojo regular and a mojo baby. both work well the wings are faster on the baby than the reg.

we have a remote on the reg. and it never stops in the right spot. always with the paint side down. shiney aluminum up.

I do like both of them. but I dont think they are any better or worse than anyother brand. I truly think any brand with a spinning wing will work.
and you can add the remote if nessary.

I have 3 air dove I use for dove and If the wind blows so the wings turn they will bring in all kinds of birds from a long way off. but we dont have enough birds to hunt here to warrent bying a bettery operated one.

point being (air,mojo,lucky duck) whatever dont matter as much as motion.

good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts