North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've tried A LOT of different scents & most of them work (even the synthetic stuff) After all of mt trials I always go back to the tried and true Tink's 69. Works EVERY time for me! :beer:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Acorn Rage! Brett Favre would never lie... waffle and change his mind later, sure, but he'd never lie! :D

In all honesty, I've never used anything like that... I just wanted to make the Brett Favre joke.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just seen a buck chasing a doe last night. It still might work using scents, but I think your best bet is to set yourself up around the feeding areas, because that's their main focus this time of year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
depending on your location

here in FL
#1 Code Blue (#1 in my book works all season long)
#2 Tinks #69 great durring the rut tends to die out after the rut

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Mrs. Doe Pee gets them bucky!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had good luck with black magic mineral lick in early July to September as an attractant for trail cams. Mock scrapes with a dominant buck urine in a dripper were ok, but most action was at night. I have not had a lot of luck with doe pee lures while hunting. Too many real does where I hunt. Ain't nothing like the real thing!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I rely on scouting and patterning a "particular" buck to kill a deer, so I look for rub routes and scrapes - and don't need to worry about scents to get a deer to come to me - I basically ambush them when they walk by.

But, as a deer researcher and hunting guide I've "field tested" many brands, and I use primarily scents from Wildlife Research Center, such as Golden Estrus.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts