North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
There are a lot of good calls out there,as well as a lot of poor ones.The foiles calls are good ones that run 150.00$ for the straight meat honker.Another call that has been talked about allot is the heartland X-out.65.00$ for an acrylic call of that quality is a steal.You can check them out at scheels all sports.

·
Registered
92 Posts
$25 bucks Tyler? Where you shoppin?? :lol:

You prolly could pick one up for no less than $12 at most sporting good stores. Seen em for as low as 6 bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A really great begginers call is the Big River Long Honker. they run about $25.00 and are a great sounding easy to learn call. If u purchase one let me know your results

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If you want to go right to a short reed. Try the short reed by Illusion. I blew one in the store the other day and they sound pretty good for a $25 dollar call. If you want to jump up try an X-out by heartland. Good calls good price. They are very similar in style to my Strait Meat Honker from Foiles and about half the price.

I used to have a Big River and they work fine and you can kill geese but in five hours of practice you can probably get more out of a short reed than you ever will with a Big River. More tone range, faster and much louder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i bought a Haydel's BLACKFOOT recently and i was wondering what all of you that blow short reeds think of it and is it a good begginers short reed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts