North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Norton but, the subscription is about to run out. Is there a better option out there?

Thanks,

Jeff

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gunattic said:
look into grisoft's AVG 'causes absolutely no problems and gets good reviews. I've used their versions for years.
Which version should I go with?

· Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Here is another vote for AVG. I have had nothing but problems with Norton and McAfee.

· Registered
724 Posts
AVG has worked well for me, I just use the free version from them, no problems that I know of.

· Registered
91 Posts
Actually, the newest Norton for 2009 has really cut the fat. If the paid AVG software worked right with firewalls and what not, I'd probably recommend it over Norton. But, for now, the newest 09 Norton, gets my recommendation for newbs. Kaspersky, while best, can be really daunting to the newest of the new.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I ended up going with AVG and it has been great so far! My computer seems to be runnig much faster and the scheduled scan are nice too. Thanks for the tip guys :beer:

· Registered
976 Posts
I wish this thread would have started a few days sooner! I just put the 09' norton on my computer no more than a few days before I read all the replies here. It has sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwed my computer down tremendously! dammit! maybe its just all the websites with pictures of ducks and geese I look at :wink: seriously though, norton sucks

· Registered
91 Posts
Triple B said:
I wish this thread would have started a few days sooner! I just put the 09' norton on my computer no more than a few days before I read all the replies here. It has sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwed my computer down tremendously! dammit! maybe its just all the websites with pictures of ducks and geese I look at :wink: seriously though, norton sucks
Thats odd, Norton 2009 is significantly reduced in size over the previous version and have installed it on a few systems with no problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.