North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this weekend for my second hunt on snows in central sask. Had a hard time finding birds last night but was able to find one field holding a lot of birds, got permission to hunt it and called my buddy to tell him the game plan. This morning the snows were coming from everywhere. We shot 42 by 7:30 when we called it quits. To make an aswesome morning even better I was able to shoot my first banded bird ( leg band). The best part is that this is only the begining of the migration many more birds to come. Sorry forgot the camera at home, I would have loved to shown you guys the memories I took from this morning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, forgot to mention that my buddies younger brother came with us so we were npt over our limit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
80% of what you killed were Juvy or 80% of what you saw flying were Juvy? I'm guessing 80% of what you killed. If it was 80% flying it must have been one hell of a hatch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is really tough to say a percentage and I do not want to be the guy that puts a value on the number of juvies that gets guys fired up. What I will say is that from what I seen last weekend there seemed to be a good number of juvies in the air. Take it for what it is worth, cause it is going to be what it is going to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.