North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tell me how well the avery 6 slotted decoy bags work for goose decoys. Accordin g to the Cabelas website they fit in with the base and all. Just wondering if anybody has these or could give some input as to how well they fit and work. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do not think they work good at all. I have purchased the recomended sizes for my 05 with the bases, and also my 07 lookers, niether of the two styles fit into the bags as stated. We just place them in the trailer base down for the first layer, and then add blankets and stake them up. I wouldn't go more than 3 layers, as it is probably too much weight for the bases.

·
Registered
209 Posts
They work great expecialy if you have too walk into a field. Im not too sure if the ones with the footbases with fit I would think so because they deeks with the footpegs that I put in there fit with pleanty of room to spare.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
They're hit and miss. The lessers go in their bags great. The regular sized ones are marginal, and the lookers don't seem to fit very well. Oh and the resters with the bases you can't take off, they don't fit very well either.

I personally shy away from all of this because while it does create organization, it also seems to double pick up time. I have my foots loaded up and ready to go while my buddies are still dickin around with their bags and bases every time.

It's all personal preference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a dozen life GHG floaters in the large bag. There are three sizes of bags so make sure you are getting the size you want for what you want to do with them. The large bags also hold a pile of sillosocks, close to eighteen dozen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.