North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Area men face game violations in McKenzie County

By KIM FUNDINGSLAND, Staff Writer [email protected]

WATFORD CITY - Two men from Minot and two from Makoti appeared in McKenzie County District Court in Watford City Tuesday on a total of 33 charges, nearly all of them involving game violations.

Jordan Jerome Johnson, Minot, appeared before Judge Gerald Rustad on 13 charges that included hunting big game in a closed season, exceeding the season limit on deer, illegal taking of mule deer, illegal transportation of big game, and possession of drug paraphernalia. All 13 charges are Class A misdemeanors.

In addition, Johnson is charged with eight Class B misdemeanors. Those charges include illegal possession of game birds, turkeys; accomplice to illegal possession of game birds, turkeys; and accomplice to shooting from a motor vehicle. He also faces a Class C felony charge of possession of a controlled substance.

Johnson pleaded not guilty to all of the misdemeanor charges and will return to court for a pre-trial conference later this year. Rustad found probable cause to continue proceedings on the Class C felony charge of possession of a controlled substance.

Alvin Johnson, Minot, appeared before Rustad regarding six Class A misdemeanors and two Class B misdemeanors. Most of the charges regard the improper tagging of big game or acting as an accomplice in the illegal taking of big game, mule deer.

Alvin Johnson pleaded not guilty to all charges. A pre-trial conference is pending.

Some of the alleged violations involving Jordan Johnson and Alvin Johnson occurred in 2006 and others during 2005. Many of the charges came as a result of a search of Jordan Johnson's McKenzie County residence that resulted in the seizure of videotapes that were made by the defendants at the time of their alleged violations. The accomplice charges are primarily due to assisting and encouraging two minors to commit game violations. Those charges were also the result of video tape evidence and photographs seized during the search of Jordan Johnson's residence.

Tim Snyder, Makoti, made a court appearance Tuesday on charges of illegally shooting a mule deer buck from the window of a motor vehicle, a Class A misdemeanor, and carrying a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle, a Class B misdemeanor.

Brad Snyder, Minot, pleaded not guilty to a Class A misdemeanor charge of illegally taking a mule deer buck. All three charges against the Snyders were the result of videotape evidence seized earlier in McKenzie County. A pre-trial conference will be scheduled for both Tim Snyder and Brad Snyder.

· Registered
1,260 Posts
I agree with max penalties...need to do the suspensions as well but I don't know what good they really do...poachers will continue to poach whether they have hunting privileges or not.

· Registered
175 Posts
They probably won't get much in McKenzie County because our states attorney goes pretty easy on crap like this. Hopefully maybe hopefully he changes his mind and Judge Rustad thinks different, too. Great job in putting an end to this, thanks Warden Schwan.

· Premium Member
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tim Snyder, Makoti

Why is that name familiar I cannot quite place it. it has been buggin me since I read it.

Bob

· Registered
175 Posts
From another website
This is our same friend Tim Snyder of Makoti again. He is the ex-deer rancher whose sick animals disappeared through the cut (vandalized he said) fence just before they were to be inspected and confiscated. See violation file from NDGF, administrative hearing, 12-10-'02, AAG Kevin McCabe-Snyder case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts