North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still fishing?

I've been sneaking in a few days between hunting. They're fat this time of year. The bite is fairly aggressive too. Don't hang up those rods yet boys, it's football season! (you know... fish like footballs)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I went out last tuesday night for a few hours and did pretty good. I caught 8 bass (two were about 5lbs, and the others 2lbs plus). Like DS said they were agressive as heck. I was fishing a frog bait and they were smashing that thing. It seemed like they wanted that frog more than anything else i threw. It was a blast.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BALLA11 said:
I havn't been out for a while but do they really get pretty big this time of the year?
Yeah they do. They're taking advantage of the water temps still being high enough for them to feed a lot. They have to get through the winter without eating a lot because their bodies slow down so much. So they're healthy as heck right now, fight like hell.

I got out last weekend, but the boat had to go in the garage for the winter after that. To anyone who goes out, here's my advice. Use something that you can cover a lot of water with, probably a spinner bait or something similar. And when you catch a fish, get the boat to exactly where it was and throw some slower moving stuff in there like a t-rigged worm or tube, or a smaller jig. They're schooled up right now so it's not unrealistic to pull multiple fishing right off the same spot. I cast a jig in to the exact same spot on the inside corner of a floating dock over and over again last Saturday and pull out 11 fish in no more than 10 minutes. Nothing with much size, but hey, it was fun anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I've been hammering the Smallie's on the rivers...Probably caught 10 C & R whoppers in the last two weeks between N.D. & Min...Awesome year.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I'm finally done. Had a frustrating weekend. Got embarrassed in a small tourny on Saturday. Had the choke go out on my motor on Sunday, and made a stupid mistake on Monday and fried my trolling motor. Not the way I had hope to finish out the season, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Props to anyone still givin em hell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am still fishing. I caught a large bass on Sunday, 4 sunfish, and my first carp. I taught a someone to fish on Sat. and plans on going again soon. I can not wait until ice fishing! :D I tried going fishing this morning but I forgot my flashlight and I could not see my line and hook rocks. I do not have access to my boat. So I've been fishing on shore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.