North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked my traps this morning and im primarily trying to get a coyote or fox. anyway i baited one of them with a squirrel gutted open through the stomach. The squirrel was gone but i found it about 10 yards away from the trap completely cleaned of meat and bones. It looked like somebody had literally skinned the squirrel and left the skin right there. it was turned inside out legs and all. what animal would or could do this?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Raccoon. I have seen them turn a mink inside out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im pretty sure nobodys messin with me haha. i didnt really believe it when i found it. i havent trapped much and didnt think it was normal when i found it that clean so i guess i assumed right. gonna have to see if i can catch it i guess. might be hard to catch an alien though :lol:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
No one was messing with you. I'll guarantee you it's a raccoon. It don't happen often, but as stinky as a mink is my brother had a **** do that very same thing to a mink in a leg hold trap.

·
Registered
844 Posts
What you gotta do to catch that alien is watch over the trsp 24/7, and when they come, take out their spaceship and then bop them in the head They can't run very fast, but do not look them in the eyes. :eek: :lol: But really, don't

1 - 19 of 19 Posts