North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a situation here were me and some other buddies found a nice field and couldn't find the farmer who owns it. We talked to some lady and she directed us down the road and told us to ask that guy. He ended up not being home either.

Is there a way you can get farmers names up on the internet somehow in a specific area?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I think you need to try again and again if you want on his land. I wouldn't tell anyone you found their name on the internet, most people don't like that for some reason.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way while I have him on the phone and say, Oh ya I happened to get your name off the internet just incase you were wondering.

I just need a way to get their phone number.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
If you show up at the local bar and ask you will get your answer.

Or go to FSA and get a Platte map, they show surface owners names.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
LaLloyd said:
There is a situation here were me and some other buddies found a nice field and couldn't find the farmer who owns it. We talked to some lady and she directed us down the road and told us to ask that guy. He ended up not being home either.

Is there a way you can get farmers names up on the internet somehow in a specific area?
Did you ask the lady what his name was?
Or was it on the mail box, house etc..??

Get his name then look up the number in the phone book. Pretty easy really.

Or like Bucks said, get a plat map.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You can also do reverse look-ups with an address. I have to do that every once and awhile if there is no name on the mail box.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Oh. I thought maybe you had contacted the farmer and he would'nt let anyone hunt. This is what I do in that situation and it works.

I filmed my girlfriend sitting on my bed in a sexy little get up. She looks into the camera and say's "If you let Phil hunt your land I'll take my top off". Thats when you hit the pause button and the landowner needs to make a decision. If he say's yes. I continue to play the footage of her actually taking her top off and bearing all. If he still say's no........ Well then it's his loss... Trust me. :beer:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You could leave him a note saying you have stopped by and have not been able to catch him . If you leave the info MAYBE he might call you back. You could also mention when you might be by again and ask him to leave a yes/no note on his door if it is OK for you to hunt or where you might find him at that time.

·
Registered
530 Posts
lol god phil that really made me laugh at my computer hahahaha, not everyone can be as lucky as me i have a brother who is in a wheelchair and i just make him go up and ask permission I NEVER get turned down!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
gamberc said:
lol god phil that really made me laugh at my computer hahahaha, not everyone can be as lucky as me i have a brother who is in a wheelchair and i just make him go up and ask permission I NEVER get turned down!
Thats horrible dude

·
Registered
745 Posts
gamberc said:
:eek:
I hope he hunts with you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
bluebird said:
gamberc said:
:eek:
I hope he hunts with you.
yes he does, he tells me too hes the one that came up with idea, he says "well if i cant walk i might as well make my disability worth something" which is true, but we always get permission lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.