North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been extremely busy during the weekday mornings, and am interested in trying my fair shots at hunting either fields or sloughs during the evenings. Does anybody have any advice for evening shoots besides jumping birds and screwing up everyones scouting tactics? Do you change anything from hunting during the mornings?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I wouldnt you will have ALOT of people ****** off at you. Or thats what I be like. I just think that ducks need there resting time during the afternoons.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The biggest challenge that I have found with evening hunts, (especially early in the season is that the ducks sometimes don't really begin to move until close to sunrise). By the time the action begins to heat up it is past legal shooting hours.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with duxnbux, but if you have an idea where the birds are feeding at, find a slough or whatever close by that they will go to for water and you will have good action. I hunted mostly ducks this past weekend and while scouting the birds during the evening they were coming off water around 630 which would give you maybe 45-50 minutes of shooting time. Like GB3 says, it would maybe piss some guys off who want to hunt them the next morning but thats your call. If you cant hunt in the morning you gotta do what u gotta do. If you have a spinning wing decoy, as long as you are near a roost in a field that maybe they arnt even using that nite you will still get some looks. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts