North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coronavirus wave this fall could infect 100 million, administration warns - The Washington Post

Didn't I say this would possibly happen especially come voting time. You know so the establishment can make "mail in voting" a RULE and not just something they did once?

Also before anyone goes off on saying... .Well you can mail in votes for years. THOSE WERE ABSENTEE VOTING. And you had to request the ballot and do other things. I am talking about a ballot just showing up in your mail box without asking. You know what happened during the last presidental election.

BTW.... anyone watch the Movie "2000 mules". I havent yet. But it talks about how possible fraud happened during the last election.

·
Registered
645 Posts
This whole Covid pandemic is not just about you (the USA) ya know. :)
But I fear you are right Chuck. I suspect my fall pheasant hunt to ND will fall through for the third year in a row. If it is not the Covid, it will be the Avian flu.
Meanwhile my dog will be turning 11 and these last two years would have been the tail end of her prime. Too bad we can't get those years back.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canuck....

I agree it isn't only about the USA. But the USA (and Canada) are not taking ques from other countries and what not. They havent been following sound data or making good decisions... IMHO. There are better ways to "curb" and "monitor" things without shutdowns, lock downs, mandates, etc. Protect the vulnerable, dont make it political, actually listen to all sides of SCIENCE and DATA. Then make decisions. BTW... it has been 2+ years now so we should have a good base for data on this. PLUS: We should know how viruses or virology is working. Which it actually is in this case. When a virus is in its "weakening" stages or final stages it does mutate to become more contagious, but it is WEAKER. it is fighting for survival so to speak. If they look at history, medicine, data... this is exactly the path that Covid is taking. Remember the fear of "super AIDS/HIV".... now the medical community pretty much has it under control so to speak and even great advancements and possible cures/solutions.

Also sorry to hear about your dog but hopefully you can get out and get some birds with her. Hopefully they dont shut down the border again. Also with the Bird Flu issues... a few years ago there was the fear of the "bird flu" and they had talks about shutting down the border and what not for waterfowl hunters. IE: You couldn't bring any birds back with you. I hope they dont think like that again. Because the majority of the "bird flu" is with captive livestock. Also it is funny how this is only getting found in the USA. Yeah I know "conspiracy theorist"...but right now when I keep reading things our FDA and other government branches are doing. It just makes you think. Again I say it in jest but too many things are happening all at once. Bird Flu, baby formula, supply chain issues not fixed, etc.

BTW with baby formula the USA FDA hasn't reopened a plant they shut down 3 months ago which they suspected a bacteria came from and caused some deaths. They did an investigation and found out that it didn't come from that plant. But they did find some other violations/issues. The plant has corrected them and is now waiting to be allowed to re-open but it seems the FDA is dragging its feet. Why wont they go in and do some "final" inspections to make sure those corrections were done and let them get rolling again. YET they are pushing for "alternative" type production of baby formulas. I am not so sure about or have knowledge on those methods. But it is puzzling is all.

And another side note.... Our legislature did a rush vote to send $40 Billion more to Ukraine in a bill they didn't give the members enough time to read and go over (only 4 hours). It was a hurry up and vote. I am not so much complaining about sending the money. I am more complaining about why is it more customary to do rush bills, votes, or have bills that are way too long to allow time to read and dissect it to make sure it is a good or bad bill. You know the bill is too big so just pass it so we can see what is in it type situation. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU LEAD/RUN A COUNTRY.

·
Registered
645 Posts
A few years back when you could not bring your birds across the border there were hundreds of frozen, packaged waterfowl tossed into a dumpster on the Canadian side. I could not bring back my limit of pheasants. I had to go back in the winter after everything blew over and bring my birds back then. The stupid part was the fall migration was on and waterfowl were flying over the border by the thousands.

Avian flu has also been detected at several poultry farms in Canada so not just in the States.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Canuck...

totally agree with you about how stupid it was that you couldn't bring back your frozen, processed wild game... when millions of birds were flying from Canada to Mexico. It shows you how stupid and knee jerk reactions our "leaders" make. They can't say we are following SCIENCE... because science would tell you that those millions of migrating wild birds flying over are more of a problem than the few thousand killed birds by hunters.

Yeah I have read that the Avian flu has hit poultry facilities in Canada and I even think in Mexico as well. So a North American problem. But again.... go in wipe out that facility, clean it big time, go back in and check, check food/water, then re-open. Just like when stuff at other plants have issues or recalls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts