North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else catch this?

I found the interview fascinating...

And Letterman made an excellent point at the very end..

Check it out.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I love how liberals, and Letterman is a huge liberal, just have to keep talking over you when you are making a point to their previous statement. Then after they show a video of it saying see see see, he didn't answer that.

What a bunch of crap.

The whole point about Obama's dubious relationships is all about his character, which the man has none. He associated with this nutjob after his statements on 9/11. Thats all that has to be said.

He tiptoes around the issue all the time, first, oh he was just in the neighborhood, then it was he was on a board with me, then Oh I was only 8 when he did that.

How bout the real answer, well, the guy helped me raise money to be a politician so I didn't really give a crap about his history, and we shared a lot of the same political views in that we hate everyone whom is successful in this terrible caplitalistic society, but I should have because it is really biting me in the but right now.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed that noone conveniently mentioned the irony with the comparison at the end to Liddy..

Hmm.. me thinks thou ist cherry picking and missing what the rest of the world saw. If one side insists on extrapoliting intent based on indirect associations or even direct associations that happened during different stages of ones life, you would think that the irony would be obvious when Letterman makes the connection.

You could immediately notice McCain's reaction. He immediately understood the direct implication and his face showed clear surprise. You could see the wheels spinning at that moment as he realized he was caught, and just how foolish that comparison truly is. I have a strong suspicion that he is personally furious (that his campaign insists) that he needs to keep making that comparison to Ayers, when he has just as many similar "skeletons". I think he hates the idea of needing to continue the charade of attack, as it isn't something he has every done to this extent in his entire political career. Just look at how he used to be, how accessible he was to the press.

Now look at him.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

:roll:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Im sorry, but I musta missed the part where Liddy tried to blow up the pentagon.

Anybody tell me where i can find the article where Liddy said he wished he coulda set more bombs?

I think its far more likely that McCain was surprised Letterman compared Liddy to Ayers than he as that Liddy was brought up at all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
he has just as many similar "skeletons"
Can't be too many as the media would have gone nuts putting them in headlines like they did to Palin and her husband's DUI 15 years ago, etc.

Keating? McCain was exonerated in the investigation and he was the only (R) of the bunch. The other 4 were (D) and were in it up to their eybrows.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Gun Owner said:
I think its far more likely that McCain was surprised Letterman compared Liddy to Ayers than he as that Liddy was brought up at all.
To bad he didnt say that out loud. Something along the lines "you cant even compare the those two men".

Of course, if he had, Letterman just would have interrupted and talked over him.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
How ironic Ryan considers you guys as the "cherry pickers". If there is some newfound moral ethic in this format to refrain from that sort of activity, then you start, Ryan. Post a video of Letterman grilling a democrat in the same manner.

Shouldn't be too hard to find, should it? He DID say he was an independent. :eek:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I think McCain was simply surprised because he didn't know anyone was stupid enough to think Liddy and Ayers were a comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts