North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get accited when we have a mixed bag hunt. Three of the ducks taken today are going to the taxidermist. I shot the first full colored pintail of my life and I did it in my normal stomping grounds right here in MN. We ended up shooting 9 species of ducks plus honkers. Not one was a BW teal, GW teal or woodduck. It was a good hunt with good friends.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drake Jake said:
nice! what 3rd duck is being mounted? i assume the pintail and wigeon will be.
The bufflehead is also goin on the wall by a kid who has never shot one. Was a flawless bird. The redhead could also easily go on the wall but I shot it and I already have one mounted

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gildog said:
are the 9 species

widgeon
pintail
shoveler
gadwall
red head
mallard
bufflehead
bluebill
ring necked duck
?
Right on bro! I should also add that we had to pass on a pair of Canvasbacks :evil: :evil: :evil: First two ducks of the morning and the drake looked perfect from what we saw of him.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chester said:
I love that you shot a spoonie! :beer:
Without hesitation :) I'll give those suckers a steel ride all day long. They'll go into the meat grinder just the same as all the other duck and goose meat that goes into the waterfowl hotdog concoction 8)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I get accited
Hwat thu hel dus thet meeen???

Just kidding, nice mixed bag. Field hunter would be jealous of the shovey!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.