North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be holding the Regions largest 2-day coyote hunting tournament at the Quality Inn in Dickinson, North Dakota 8th-10th January 2009. We would like to get you involved with this annual event. There will be hunting and calling seminars Saturday night from 7:30-9:30 pm (mountain time) with hundreds of dollars in door prizes. Seminars are free to tournament contestants and open to the general public for $7 at the door. Vendor space is available throughout the tournament - call for details. This hunting tournament is a two-day contest, $200 entry per team ($150 if pre-registered before 15DEC08), with 90% payback. Links below will allow you to view the rules and the flyer. If you would like to to register you can either print out the flyer, fill out the registration form to the address listed or click on the link to the shopping cart and you can pay online with a credit card

·
Registered
1 Posts
I and a buddy of mine are interested in the tournament but with not being familiar with the area I am afraid we would be at a disadvantage. Are most in the tournament from the local area? Is most hunting done on private or public land?

·
Registered
256 Posts
The tournament is great, last year was our second year out and we had a blast both years! Most of the teams are not from there so it is very fair. We go out a day early and do some scouting and talking to landowners, and in the last 2 years only been turned down once.

·
Registered
264 Posts
you wont be to a disadvantage!! There are coyotes crawling all over out there. It doesn't matter where you go, you will find coyotes to shoot. As of right now there are 25 teams registered for the tournament and they are comiong from WY, CO, MN, ND, SD. Dont wait to sign up cause it will be filled before the tournament starts. :beer:

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is a good tournament to go to. Lots of nice guys there and you will get some coyotes. Jamie and wife do a great job plus all his helpers. I would recommend this one for sure. Come out and have a few beers and shoot the breeze. I plan on making the trip and hunting on the way up there. Anybody available South of Dickinson for a little hunting? Last year I got a couple on the way up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
First place last year went to Chad Ulmer and Brandon Peterson who brought in a total of 6 coyotes. They bought themselves in the Calcutta, so their cash payout was $3190.00. They were also each awarded with matching D.P.M.S. Panther Rifles, $1,200 worth of Desert Shadow Camo, and Coyote-head Trophies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well it looks like the tournament is full. Thanks to all that have already registered and we will see you in January.

It looks as if we have more teams than openings for the tournament. I will go by registration dates that are done on line and post marks on registrations that were mailed in. Any refunds that need to be sent out because of the tournament being full will be sent back in the next week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
we have had as many as 14 to win with 8-9 being normal. Lots of dogs but we have snow and cold to deal with. The year 14 took it, the temp was in the -30's all weekend. The first day of that hunt was -57 wind chill, the second day -32 with little to no wind.

·
Registered
170 Posts
14 coyotes with those conditions??? If they actually hunted in those conditions and didnt travel south to hunt then thats pretty impressive. Kinda hard to believe calling 14 in with those temps. Mouth calls will be froze after first sequence and battery life on ecallers is cut. How do you guys check for dogs chased with snow machines??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts