North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any companies that make a decent quality .223 auto? i dont want an AR and i dont really like the looks of the ruger. i want a coventional lookin gun just to shot for fun basicly (maybe do some preditor hunting with). also does anyone make a .223 super short auto? i havent seen one maybe they cant with the shape of the shell. i dont know a lot about rifles, especially autos, so any advice is helpful.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You might have to consider a 243 in a Remington 742 (or other similar models) or a Browning BAR. You can shoot 55gr bullets if you like, and I know they kill coyotes like a bolt of lightning.

I know you don't want a AR, but they are almost impossible to beat if you're looking for an accurate semi-auto.

Good luck!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Heckler and Koch makes a .223 semi-auto and it is very mutch a normal looking rifle. I forget the model number but its like a 693 or something like that.

If you watch the first Predator Quest coyote calling video, Les and Jeff Johnson are using one and I think they mention the model number there.

What I do know after looking into them one time is that they are RARE and EXPENSIVE. It seems like the 1200-1500 dollar range comes to mind but nut sure.

Hope this helps.

Jaybic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts