North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 218 bee from my grandfather that passed away, so i went to look for some ammo and couldnt believe the price. $59.99 for 50 rounds. That is ridiculous. Wondering if anyone knows of a place i can get some ammo, brass, loads that have worked well, etc. I have the dies and reloading equiptment but just need the brass and some specifics on loads. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks lyle

·
Registered
98 Posts
The bee is an awesome cartridge worth the time to reload for. You can buy brass from mid south, midway, sinclair pretty much anywhere probably looking @ 30 -35 bucks a hundred though....

For loads try

http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=4

I spoke with a gentlman @ Sinclair about some case neck problems with my 22 Hornet. His 218 had similar problems. Having to due with a case neck thickness of .005 will sometimes give you grief.

I'm launching 33GR Speer HP with my K- hornet. You might find similar happyness with the same pill. 3200FPS don't suck.

Norm

·
Registered
986 Posts
BBF,

I sent you an email through this site, but got no response, so I don't know if you received it or not. Either way, I guess I can put the data here. I hope I am not breaking any copyright laws. I have some really old Sierra and Hodgdon books with data for the 218 Bee. You can also find info for reloading on the Hodgdon web site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.