North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Speck....

Yes it did. But the Vikings are still 2+ games ahead of a few teams in the NFC central.... :beer:

I am still not a guy that all hope is lost. I think they can win the division... but now need help. We need the Saints, Bears, NYG, Packers, and Dallas to beat the Lions. Plus we need to run the table. If the Vikings are 11-5 by the end of the season... that is a good year! Plus that should win the division.... unless the Lions keep playing the way they are.

I mean the rest of the Vikings schedule has only 1 team over .500.

But things need to happen....

1. Get a little more creative on Offense.... What I mean is throw the ball down field. Even if it is 10 yards over the guys head the defense will have to respect that. I am saying... take a three to five step drop and let it go. A designed play that you know u have 1 on 1 coverage on the outside and let the ball rip!

2. Better clock management. This falls on the coaches as well as the QB. On thanksgiving people will point to Patterson lining up wrong and that penalty. I will look at the series before where we had a delay of game penalty. That made the Vikings go first and 15 yards to go. Then they were about a yard short and had to punt on 4 down. Then the lions drove down and scored 3. A first down there could have sealed the game. This isn't the first time all year where we had crappy clock management. That is both on coaches (all of them) and the QB.

3. Our Defense needs to keep putting pressure on the QB. It has been better than the 4 game losing streak. But we need to keep it up.

4. We need to get Kyle Rodoulph back in the mix. He needs 6-10 targets a game. Plus he needs to block better. He has had some whiffs on special teams on the edge.

Again not all hope is lost. We are 1 game back with 5 to go. Plus I hate to say it.... The Packers are not out of it yet either. They can rip 6 straight and with a lil luck be right there for the division.

· Registered
451 Posts
The Packers are the walking dead. they are down to their third and fouth string CBs, no RB worth a crap, o-line in disrepair, receivers dropping alot, Rodgers being normal instead of fantastic, and a coach who has been figured out by the league. :crybaby:
I feel like a queens fan :puke:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Speck....

10-6 could win the division...... 11-5 will win the division... IMHO.

Det has been a team winning on the end most of their games. Which is a good confidence builder for them......but those games can start to go the other way pretty quickly. :bop:

· Registered
724 Posts
Vikings will beat the Cowboys on Thursday nite and the schedule is soft the rest of the way, but our O-line is terrible and I'm thinking 9-7 maybe 10-6 on the year.......

· Registered
724 Posts
9manfan said:
Vikings will beat the Cowboys on Thursday nite.....
didn't think we had to beat the Refs as well..........:).........I was in bed before halftime....Go Wild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well it was a bad officiated game.... BOTH WAYS... to be honest. It was just we got the "non-call" at the end of the game. I mean when we cant score TD's.... we don't deserve to win.

Anyways..... I might have finally thrown in the towel on the season. I will keep watching and cheering but the outlook is bleak. We only have a tie breaker in any play off scenario (as of now) with GB and NYG. But the Giants are 2 games ahead of us in the win category. So yeah we need lots of help and we need to win :bop: :bop:

The thing that killed us the past games is the stupid penalties..... Offensive line jumping, delay of games.... I mean things that you have control over. You can point to our line... .but last night Bradford had good time. We also have been plagued with DROPPED BALLS...... Anyways I could go on and on.

But I will keep cheering for them and hope they can make the play offs..... but I know it will be a lost cause. It will be a very interesting offseason.... Sad thing is we need to sign lots of players (Kahil, Rhodes, Smith the offensive tackle).... plus we will see or could see others restructuring contracts or heading down the road.... (AP, Munerlying, Newman, Greenway, Kahil, etc.). we don't have much cap space and we don't have a 1st round pick..... So I am foreshadowing a possible trade coming up.... and all we have is defensive player that are worth a crap..... Could be an interesting off season. :bop:

· Registered
724 Posts
Your right Chuck, we needed Td's instead of them first 2 FG's, at that point I was pretty sure we were screwed, never seen a year with so many injuries on the O-line, but it's not like they were that great to start with before the injuries.

As far as the number 1 draft pick, you never know how they pan out , I would still try and keep this D team together, they are a pretty good bunch of players, need O players now....

We would need a miracle to make the playoffs now, no chance we beat the Pukers in Cheesville.....9-7 season....and as the saying goes year after year....Wait till next year....... :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well I hope the tommorrows game is a good one.....

Like I have always said... the Vikings just need two wins a season to make me smile.... they have one of those already... HAHA

The Packers are playing very well and are a scary team right now. If they beat the Vikings I see them making the play offs and even possibly making it to the division finals. That is the Pack... yeah I know I threw up in my mouth a lil after I just typed that...but is the truth.

But I have two things to say...... 1. Merry Christmas to all....2. SKOAL VIKINGS..... ;-)

· Registered
451 Posts
speckline said:
Game plan to beat the queens has been established :rollin: Reminds me of the 2015 Falcons. I predict they won't make the playoffs unless something major changes on offense. That offense is as bad as you can get!!! :poke:
Chrystal ball appears to have been working. :rock:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Queens fans!!! :beer: :thumb:

· Registered
724 Posts
How about those Wild...10 game winning streak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how bout those Queens... :( ...I hate the Pukers with a passion but really think they have a chance of going a ways in the Playoffs.....time will tell

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.