North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

2015 Vikings....

29K views 83 replies 8 participants last post by  9manfan 
#1 ·
Well first pre-season game under their belt.... What are your takes on it??

1. Teddy and first string offense moved the ball well. Again it is the first pre-season game and what have team been together... 10 days or something like that. But looked sharper than Pitts defense and typically defense is ahead of the game in all pre-season stuff.

2. Trae Waynes..... Needs some work. He got faked out on some double moves but had some make up speed except for the one. He also needs to learn the NFL game as what is allowed and not allowed. But he is a rookie and will get calls against him more often than for him. But he has to get better, but the talent and product is there. Just depends on how fast he adjusts... which I will say..... After Bye week... he will be starting.

3. LB play was ok. But again Big ben and their RB didn't play. But looked good and serviceable.

4. OL... Looked good and handled Pitt ok and moved the ball.

What do others think???

Yeah it is pre-season and I am bored....LOL

See less See more
#77 ·
They played a great game, defense was very good, offense needed to turn one of those FG's into a TD and that last kick wouldn't have mattered, just a tough way to lose that game........

#78 ·
The defense played good. the Offense played not to lose. I put a lot of the blame on Turner. I mean they only targeted Rudolph twice!! Every talking head and announcer said that Rudolph against chanclor was a match up the Vikings needed to exploit. Yet out offensive genius played not to lose. I mean some of the play calls when they were close were run, run, run... or run, run, pass to the flat for a 4 yard gain. The talking heads also said that Wallace could have beaten Sherman deep... yet they never tried a deep ball.

Now the defense played a great game except for 1 play.... the poor angle by Capt. Munnerlyn.

And well... walsh has been iffy all year I beat he hope he has a job and can play indoors again in MN. :beer:

Now the Packers looked good yesterday but they will have to do to AZ.... But it could be like the Vikings against SEA... a complete turn around and a good game. :bop:

#79 ·
Good defense almost always beats good offense. Both defenses were really good. Then it come down to who makes the big plays. There were 3 big plays...All went Seattle's way.

1.Pederson fumble

2.Center hikes the ball over Wilsons head yet he completes a 35 yard pass play

3. Walsh misses basically an extra point/field goal.

Anyone who saw the pre-season games saw Walsh miss both easy field goals and extra points.....should have seen this coming. :eyeroll:

My team is never going to win a Super Bowl. :******:

#80 ·
That's what sucked about the last kick yesterday, Walsh had kicked the ball so well, all three FG's were dead center and he drilled them, his kick off's were in the end zone but that last shank was tough to watch, feel bad for him, life of a kicker can be tough........

....and I thought the Pukers looked pretty good as well, but I'm not so sure Washington is that tough, but they will get another chance at Arizona and we'll be cleaning out lockers again....... :bop:

#83 ·
That will one crazy game to go too.... But I don't think I could drop what some people are predicting for good seats... $500-$1000 per ticket!!!

Cant wait for the season.

The Vikes did great job firming up depth on the O-line. They signed the players they needed too to keep the defense moving forward at full steam.

Now in the draft it will see what they can get.

I am not sold on any of the WR's as being our sole goal with our pick. I think some of them could drop to the early second round. We don't need to pull a Troy Williamson or a Patterson and reach for a WR.

What will be interesting is some of the news coming out of UCLA right now.... Miles Jack is having issues with his medical checks. They are saying he has cart. and ligiament damage already showing and could be a prime candidate for a knee injury ASAP. Well if he slips down to the Vikings.... TAKE HIM. Imagine him healthy... You got the past 3 UCLA line backers.... You move around Barr to be a pass rusher.... Lightning in a bottle my friends.

But again that is a pipe dream that will happen....LOL

#84 ·
speckline said:
Looks like the queens got their wish. A good arse wippin by the Packers in the opening game at your new stadium :poke: :thumb:
How did this prediction work out for you..... :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.