North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
If the NFL let's Beckham play after what he did last Sunday, that will be a Big Black Eye in my view towards the NFL, no way should he be playing this weekend, not sure how the appeals process works........I say he doesn't dress.....

and I'm with you Chuck, I just don't understand how we are not already in the playoffs, I must be missing something but have no idea what it is....the best Atlanta can be is 9-7 and that's the worst we can be and we've beat them.......

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The only think I can think of is if ATL wins out they will be CAR. So possible "strength" of schedule comes into play. But like we have mentioned over and over.... The Vikings won head to head.

Now with Beckham.... I need him to play because of fantasy football....LOL. But he should be suspended. He should have been thrown out of the game last week. The officials let it go far too long instead of dealing with it quick and swiftly. That is why it had gotten out of hand. Now I don't care if the other team insults you, threatens you, etc. You are a professional and let your play do the talking. If it is true that the some of the Panthers threatened him and what not. You don't do anything during the game. You bring it up after the game and let your play do the talking. But again... I hope the appeals process will let him play in the "primetime" game and then on week 17 he sits....LOL That way I can use him in fantasy football... Also I would like to see what the Vikings can do against one of the Top WR in the league and a QB who is also pretty darn good. It will be a good test to see if the Vikings are really a play off contender or a play off pretender. :bop: :bop:

· Registered
1,710 Posts
The only way Atlanta gets in is a three way tie in record of the vikings, seattle and atlanta. In that case head to head goes out the window because all three teams haven't played each other as atlanta did not play seattle. It actually gets down to strength of schedule which is 4th or 5th on the list (basically how many victories do the teams have that you beat) and the vikings would come out third on that.

It's very slim, but possible. The vikings and seattle would have to loose out and atlanta would have to win out.

· Registered
724 Posts
Nice win last nite, all fazes of the game were played well, really thought NY looked terrible, now onto GB next Sunday nite for all the marbles and then to the playoffs......did Green Bay play yesterday ??.... :poke:

· Registered
451 Posts
The queens had their short dresses, girdles pulled tight, plunging neckline and lots of makeup on last night. They looked good. :thumb:

The Packers had another rough outing for sure. Tough season so far. But even with a tough season, we have the same record as the queens and are in the playoffs. Hmmmm :poke:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Speck.... you are correct. The pack have had an off year. So have the vikes in a few games as well.

It will be another interesting sunday night game. I am not making any predictions and what not... I know better... HAHA.

But I hope Zimmer is looking at game film and seeing how AZ defense dismantled the Packers and gave Rodgers that confused look. Because that defense, blitz schemes, etc had Mr. Rodgers all confused.... also the lack of blocking and injuries on the pack oline helped as well. :beer:

But what better way to end a season with the division on the plate and rivalry game. The NFL couldn't have scripted it better... or did they???... HAHA.

Next Monday will be the time to either talk trash.... or be humble.... Sad thing is that the first week of the play offs might be a rematch for the third time.... :rollin:

· Registered
451 Posts
Which team shows up will be the question. The Packers team that pulled the skirts off the queens and had their way with them, or the team that gets manhandled by good teams. The Packers - queens game has ben flex by the NFL to Sunday night. What better venue and game than Packers - queens at the frozen tundra called Lambeau field for the NFC north title!!!! :beer: :thumb: :rock:

· Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
I'm not watching that game......I'm watching the Pukers and the Vikings. :rollin:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Speck.... You can say that for both teams..... Which one will show up. The QB that gets rattled, the line that can't block, the D-line that can't get pressure, etc.

It will be a fun game to watch no matter if your a Vikings fan or a PUKERS fan :poke: :poke:

· Registered
451 Posts
Congrats queen fans on the NFC North title. :thumb:
That was an ugly game. The Packers had their chances to steal that game, but the queens defense held.
Next week queens vs Seahawks :rollin: :laugh:
and Packers vs Redskins :thumb:
both games on Sunday

Good luck!! :beer:

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Speck....

It was an ugly game. The defense played the "bend but don't break" style..... Also when I saw the two fumbles (Pattersons and Petersons)... I was like here we go again.... HAHA.

It should be interesting games next week. Redskins are firing on all cylinders and looking kind of tough. They will be playing with a chip on their shoulder with everyone saying such a weak division. (which it is... :beer: ). But cousins looks good and their defense is playing well. IMHO I think packers will win by a 7. But they need to figure out more of a passing attack and keep Rodgers off the ground.

The Vikings have a tough one. Especially the Seahawks are playing very well. But this time around they don't have the run game as they did before. Rawls is a different animal that the RB now. Also lynch will be rusty. Which could be good or bad. It could mean he will want to prove something or he will show he is not game speed yet. The Vikings were missing 3 defensive starter and more got banged up during that game. So our D should be better. But they will need Teddy to be on his A game and beat SEA defense..... I am not going to predict anything yet until I see if Lynch will play or not. :bop:

· Registered
724 Posts
Nice win along with the North Title, always tough to win on the road and in Pukerville, Teddy tried to lose the game with the left handed pass and almost fumbled hand off to AP, but they hung in there and got the W...............

really hard to believe at the beginning of the year when the Packers and Patriots were both 6-0 and how far they have both regressed to this point, just never know I guess....

The Vikings will have to play a perfect game to win on Sunday, if we can contain Wilson we will have a chance, if not it might be a long game, and our O-line has to to give Bridgestone time to throw........Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and nothing would make me happier than beating Pete Carrol (just dislike that guy)....................

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
nothing would make me happier than beating Pete Carrol (just dislike that guy)....................
I agree 100%. Also will shut some of their defensive guys up too.

I also agree they will have to play a great game.... the O line wasn't horrible that game only giving up 4 sacks... but yet that isn't a terrific game either. What killed us was less than 200 yards total offense!!!

What will be scary is if we can keep Locket in the return game bottled up. That guy has been amazing the past few games. It is a game changer if you give SEA the ball on the 50 all the time and they work with a short field.

· Registered
451 Posts
Maybe the queens can finally utilize their home field advantage. Forecast for Sunday is a high of 8. :thumb:
One time I will root for the queens. I HATE pety carrol and the seahawks :puke: even more than the queens!! :sniper:

· Registered
3,263 Posts
It might have been an ugly game, but it was a beautiful win for the Vikings. Really nice to take the title away from the Pack on their turf.

This Sundays game will be tough, but the Vikings are hungry, I think it will be a good game.

· Registered
724 Posts
They played a great game, defense was very good, offense needed to turn one of those FG's into a TD and that last kick wouldn't have mattered, just a tough way to lose that game........

· Registered
7,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
The defense played good. the Offense played not to lose. I put a lot of the blame on Turner. I mean they only targeted Rudolph twice!! Every talking head and announcer said that Rudolph against chanclor was a match up the Vikings needed to exploit. Yet out offensive genius played not to lose. I mean some of the play calls when they were close were run, run, run... or run, run, pass to the flat for a 4 yard gain. The talking heads also said that Wallace could have beaten Sherman deep... yet they never tried a deep ball.

Now the defense played a great game except for 1 play.... the poor angle by Capt. Munnerlyn.

And well... walsh has been iffy all year I beat he hope he has a job and can play indoors again in MN. :beer:

Now the Packers looked good yesterday but they will have to do to AZ.... But it could be like the Vikings against SEA... a complete turn around and a good game. :bop:

· Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
Good defense almost always beats good offense. Both defenses were really good. Then it come down to who makes the big plays. There were 3 big plays...All went Seattle's way.

1.Pederson fumble

2.Center hikes the ball over Wilsons head yet he completes a 35 yard pass play

3. Walsh misses basically an extra point/field goal.

Anyone who saw the pre-season games saw Walsh miss both easy field goals and extra points.....should have seen this coming. :eyeroll:

My team is never going to win a Super Bowl. :******:

· Registered
724 Posts
That's what sucked about the last kick yesterday, Walsh had kicked the ball so well, all three FG's were dead center and he drilled them, his kick off's were in the end zone but that last shank was tough to watch, feel bad for him, life of a kicker can be tough........

....and I thought the Pukers looked pretty good as well, but I'm not so sure Washington is that tough, but they will get another chance at Arizona and we'll be cleaning out lockers again....... :bop:

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.