1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Weezer had one heck of a run. No handles if I recall. That's pretty damn awesome at any level!

We should get together and train some time when there are either trials or tests going on down in your area or up here this next year.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chaws said:
Weezer had one heck of a run. No handles if I recall. That's pretty damn awesome at any level!

We should get together and train some time when there are either trials or tests going on down in your area or up here this next year.
He handled in the 10th. on the island bird. He went left of the island and out to sea, so he handled him back to the bird.. I believe he has run 5 nationals and finished all 5. But.... still no win..

I'm hoping to run more trials this comming summer, than I did last year.. Central MN retriever club holds informal trials Dec., Jan, Feb, March, April June and Sept. the third sunday of the monthe. I know it's a drive for you guys but you should try and get some guys together from your club and come and run.

We Run

Puppy
Hunter
Derby
Qual.
Open

Classes

Low entry fee and alot of fun during the winter monthes.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Sounds like fun Todd, maybe Troy and I will have to make it out there for one of those. I haven't had a training session with remmy now since aug or early september.... Thats not to say he hasn't seen his fair share of falls since then :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
USAlx50 said:
Sounds like fun Todd, maybe Troy and I will have to make it out there for one of those. I haven't had a training session with remmy now since aug or early september.... Thats not to say he hasn't seen his fair share of falls since then :D
I'm sure he likes those kind of marks better anyway.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
My dummy brown dog has picked up almost 200 birds this year which is an accomplishment that I could have only dreamt of when I got her at a complete green horn trainer. Was watching an episode of Waterdog last night that I had on the DVR and she was sitting next to me on the floor until the guns went off and she was creeping like in the field. Amazing what surround sound and a big tv can do to help steady drills :)

Are those fun run dates on their web site? I'd love to come down to run some competition stuff with both and run the puppy division with my fat arse 5 1/2 mo old. Went into the vet last Thursday to check out this growth he's got on his hip (could be expensive) and he weighed in just shy o f 50lbs already!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are those fun run dates on their web site? I'd love to come down to run some competition stuff with both and run the puppy division with my fat arse 5 1/2 mo old. Went into the vet last Thursday to check out this growth he's got on his hip (could be expensive) and he weighed in just shy o f 50lbs already
They don't have a website, but they are ALWAYS the third Sunday of the monthe. And start at 9 AM. In most cases the stakes will go 3 series and for the most part if you dog is picking up the birds you will get to play all day. Iv'e seen times where there are 80 dogs running for the day. They usually get a pretty good turn out in the minor stakes with alot of HT people. Open is usually around 25 to 30 dogs.

all FT rules apply, even in puppy dog must deliver to hand, can't handle in the Derby, HUNTER is all marks and no blinds ect..

I'll put a note up her as we get closer for a reminder, hope to see and meet you guys, this winter.

Todd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.