North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

2003 Spring Migration

5056 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ducksmacker
Looks like it's just starting to get underway! Even though we won't see them for what'll seem forever...it's fun trying to figure out their every move.

I'd say S. Nebraska and N. Missouri will get some decent flights this weekend. Either way, the wild goose chase is starting...yeehaw!
1 - 4 of 12 Posts
Ya, it's still pretty early, but than again it was nice enough where most birds didn't leave until recently in some parts. It sounds to me from the reports I'm reading that the first scout flights are moving about...now it just depends on the weather.

Where are you headed this spring Perry?
I don't think SD will see huntable numbers for weeks. They are seeing the very tip of the migration in NE...going to take awhile for all the birds to catch up.

Thanks for the Nebraska update. It's important to keep an eye as the birds enter/leave the Rainwater Basin. They can make a lot of tracks north after that.
I've read reports that there's already a few thousand on the west end of the basin. Boy are they early....but then again....mother nature can take care of that quick.
1 - 4 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.