North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today with a friend to my honey-hole in Douglas. Never seen so many ducks at this spot. There were flocks of teal by the 100 and 200 hundreds. Mallards by the 30's and 40's. We ended up with 10 Drake mallards and 2 pintails. There was one mallard that was almost all white. His head was almost all white instead of green. The wings had brown stripes on them instead of the purple and green. The beak was a pale yellow and the feet were dull orange. I have never seen a duck like this before. Can't figure out if it is a albino or part albino or what. Regardless it is going to the taxidermist. Please post if anyone has ever seen anything or heard of anything like that.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Lots of these have been posted at the Fuge - show us a picture - I love these rare unusual birds - lots of differt things could be the reason & condition

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post it when I get the pictures back. Tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here in Owatonna, Mn there are always two of those white drakes running around the park when my kid feeds them bread. The heads are kinda light grey where they should be green. Some in Waseca, Mn too so I think that they might be pretty common. Also sightings in Rochester, Mn.

·
Registered
105 Posts
White ducks are common. Mallards have a liking for parks, zoo's and golf courses just like canada geese. Many in the larger cities have white domestic ducks which breed with the mallards from time to time. The same thing is common with turkeys that have ecaped from turkey barns.

Should be a great conversation piece. Many years back my brother trapped an albino muskrat and mounted it. Whenever someone see's it he always has a story to tell.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts