North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

advise on a call

10K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Kelly Hannan 
#1 ·
i am looking at getting a new short reed goose call im really looking at the meatgrinder, but am open for suggestions for a good call that is no more than $60

#3 ·
For the money a winglock short reed is a pretty good call and it will allow you to try out a shortreed first without breaking the bank. Learn how you like a call tuned and then blow your money on a high dollar acrylic. I paid $35 for mine and it was money well spent. I use it on a regular basis.

#15 ·
Im not a fan of the meat grinder. I have a SMH. I have problems with the reed always getting out of tune.

Just got me a Lew's call also. The thing is VERY deep and easy blowing. Can get real loud and real soft. Love it. Can do everything my SMH can do and its reed doesnt slip. ;)

Id suggest it to anyone. Beauty part was it was only $49 and its acrylic. For an extra $20 I got Ty engraved into it. Looks smooth. CHECK EM OUT!

http://www.lewscalls.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.