North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

New Congress

783 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  southdakbearfan 
#1 ·
One thing a lot of people are missing about the 50-50 Senate. Yes Democrats will have the tie breaking vote.

BUT.....in a 50- 50.....the party who was last in majority retain the chairmanship of individual committees. So Republicans will keep chairmanships.

#2 ·
The problem will be......who is the chairman if the last one was defeated or retired. The last 50-50 was in 2001. Some guidance will come from what they did then. Trent Lott and Tom Dashiell worked it out.

#4 ·
One thing a lot of people are missing about the 50-50 Senate. Yes Democrats will have the tie breaking vote.

BUT.....in a 50- 50.....the party who was last in majority retain the chairmanship of individual committees. So Republicans will keep chairmanships.
THE PROBLEM IS ALL THE IDIOTS IN CONGRESS... .yes both sides.... ARE VOTING PARTY LINES AND NOT IN ISSUES.

I put it in all caps because it is the sad truth now about our elected officials. They are all about "party" before the people.

I will say it for the millionth time.... No matter what party you say you affiliate with or belong to or your values align with.... YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY ON MOST ISSUES. No matter Dem's, Rep, indies, etc. You are in the minority on most issues. Even though the media, political parties, etc want to tell you different. The USA is still made up of about 40% of the people lean left, 40% lean right, and 20% are in the middle. So if people only vote...LEFT (Dem) on issues or only vote RIGHT (Reps).... they are not doing the will of 60% of the country.

SO the issue is.... will people in congress stop being partisan hacks and do the will of the people. :bop:

There was 81 million votes for Biden.... there was over 77 million votes for other people. So just voting are party lines with people this split on total voting public is 51%... so by voting party lines... you are saying F-U to 49% of the country. That is if all the people who voted for biden agree with all of the Dem's policies.... and by this forum alone some guys say they dont....they actually said some of trumps or republican policies they agree with....ie: immigration is the one that pops to my head.

But you see what I mean about party lines.... I would be saying the exact same thing if it was 51% for Republican leader and 49% others.

#5 ·
You are correct. But I don't think things will change. The far left Progressives are already unhappy just with who Biden wants to appoint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.