North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Corona-virus

104K views 842 replies 16 participants last post by  Chuck Smith 
#1 ·
How big will this get? Looking bad. My wife and I had looked at booking that Diamond Princess Ship. We have previously been on 2 Princess ships.It started in Singapore and ended in Tokyo. Stopped in Hong Kong. Good thing we went to the Carribean instead. That is a nightmare.

70,000 cases now reported with 2,000 dead. How many products made in China and imported here will have problems if the Chinese close the factories.

#803 ·
use the science... the real science not the voodoo stuff.
Then ask the same people... How many genders does SCIENCE say their is?

But back to covid.... the thing with this is that it came on very fast and people didn't have a clue about it. So everyone went to a dramatic end and conclusion on it. As we keep finding more and more about this we are getting better data and info on it. THAT IS IF THEY WANT TO SHARE IT OR NOT. Like I mentioned... Come mid November we will know even more about this. It will be either "not as bad" or the other extreme... we are screwed... LOL. But that is the sad part about this virus is that people made it political and that is where it will stay until the election is over.

BTW... like I mentioned before... Look at some of the stuff coming out. No longer need 14 days locked away... 10 is fine. The whole hydroxychloriquine.... again this is debated on all ends.... BUT CNN said in a tweet that it is working in some patients. :thumb: ... then the MASKS... remember Fauci at the begining said about masks... and now masks... and then some others...NO MASKS.. etc. Then the filter systems being developed for office buildings... etc. Remember they said we would be lucky to have a vaccine by this time next year... now it is looking we could have one before christmas... etc. Things are moving at a rapid pace and new data and info is being learned about this virus. So to say...FOLLOW THE SCIENCE... the science is ever changing about this virus. :bop:

#804 ·
Resky,
Have a look at her Facebook page. She gives her bio much as you say. Dig deeper and you see she has started a church and her sermons state the endometriosis is the result of having sex dreams involving aliens and that the government has invented a pill that causes people to reject religion. Someone must have slipped me one of those.
That is not the media, but her own Facebook page. I can see why Trump spoke so highly of her.

#805 ·
Canuck said:
Resky,
Have a look at her Facebook page. She gives her bio much as you say. Dig deeper and you see she has started a church and her sermons state the endometriosis is the result of having sex dreams involving aliens and that the government has invented a pill that causes people to reject religion. Someone must have slipped me one of those.
That is not the media, but her own Facebook page. I can see why Trump spoke so highly of her.
Sorry, I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account and never intend to. But if you do, then why not just copy and paste some of her talks to back up the claim? If they even exists. Oh wait, since they shut down her account you can't.

#806 ·
You do not "need" Facebook to look at her page. She is happy to put it out there for all the world to see.
Kind of like Trump and his Twits or Tweets or what ever they are called. Either way he uses them to run the country.

News > World > Americas > US politics

Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question
'I thought she was very impressive'

Griffin ConnollyWashington
6 hours ago
30 comments

Donald Trump doubled down on his decision to retweet a video of Houston doctor Stella Immanuel in which Ms Immanuel touts the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in treating patients of Covid-19 and dismisses masks as unnecessary in stopping its spread.

In the past, Ms Immanuel has made several dubious medical claims, including the harmful effects of having sexual relations with demons and witches while dreaming, the alleged use of alien DNA in various medicines, and the production of a vaccine to inoculate people against being religious.

"I can tell you this: She was on air, along with many other doctors -they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine, and I thought she was very impressive," Mr Trump told reporters of Ms Immanuel at a briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday.

#807 ·
Canuck said:
You do not "need" Facebook to look at her page.
One either has to have a account or create one to see her page. As far as her type of religion which I think is silly as I do a lot of religions it has nothing to do with her ability as a doctor and her treatment of covid-19 patients. Your repeated posts of the same garbage picked up from AP and others such as Roll Call proves nothing. Nothing more than the media and people like you searching for mud to throw at the President. You're wasting your time as none of it sticks. :puke:

Truth is I'm wasting my time reading and replying to this crap. :poke:

#810 ·
Dr Steven Smith infectiouse disease specislist, and --- missed the name, but a proffesor of medicine both say Hydfoxychloriquin is affective in treating corvid.

I dont care about my doctors lersonal life, Im concerned they can solve my health probldms. Canuck if your dhing of disease X and someone who believes in leprechauns can cure you but a doctor who agrees with you on every thought you have knows nothing of disease X which one will you go to? If you have five days to live which will you go to?

#811 ·
Even that went right over your head. The crap I speak about is your crap.
You are the one missing the point. This story was published in every rag newspaper and was shown on every television channel all day. THAT is the waste of all of our time.

Years ago USA politics had a role on the world stage. Now the USA is the "stage" and the world watches aghast as the story unfolds.

Please, please, please make the USA great again.

#812 ·
Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question
'I thought she was very impressive'
He talked about other doctors as well. ALL OF THEM STANDING THERE. This lady was just the most vocal. Also like I mentioned her sample size was small... in the 300's... but all responded well and the drug worked. She also used the drug before to treat malaria. So she knows what she is talking about. But yes she had some whacked out things she stated.

Now on the "walk out".... he didn't in mid question about "aliens"... he walked out because the reporter kepts screaming stuff at him after he answered questions and more and more reporters were "reasking" the same questions and so forth. that is why he walked out.

It is funny try to watch the whole presser and you will see how big of fools many of these reporters are. They ask the same question another reporter just asked. I too would walk away. Even if you say... I already answered that... they keep asking it anyways.

Just like the judiciary committees questioning of Barr... it was horrific to watch adults act like this. You thought the Kavanaugh hearing was a joke... this was worse. They would ask a question and when Barr would try to answer they talked over him and wouldn't let him answer. One Representative (cant remember who it was) asked him a question as he was answering she goes... It was a yes or no question... when infact it wasn't a yes or no question. She just wanted to grandstand. It was horrible. :bop:

I will even say this about that judiciary committee hearing everyone was grandstanding. Rep Jordan did it by showing that video... which I think was good but he did it to show up others. Now granted the video basically killed the narrative that things in Portland are "peaceful". WHich that is what the committee wanted to try and lie about. But it was grandstanding none the less. :bop:

#813 ·
Just wait you will see on the news soon... MN will be a "hot bed" spot... but we still are not at the numbers we had in May. But again... numbers are increasing slightly from June.

745 "new" cases... With 14,821 new test results...that is an infection rate of 5.02%... needs to be lower!!! But still lower than the average of the whole time period. 5 new deaths with 4 of them coming from group/assisted type of facilities. ICU is at 141 and Hospitalization is at 157 both went down which is good. This number has been pretty steady the month of July... slight increases but then falls back down. Again no where near the 250+ ICU's in june that we had. BTW... the total "probable" deaths is still at 40 which is good. Maybe MN was one that wasn't fudging numbers one way or the other. :beer:

Everyone stay safe and make decisions for yourself and family.

tommorrow I will do a retally of monthly totals to see if they changed or not.

Edit:

Also remember testing has sky rocketed and back in May the only people who could get tested were ones who showed a certain number of signs...ie: fever, cough, etc. Now anyone can get tested. So a broader net has been cast and catching more than before.... and the numbers are still down from MAY.

It will be interesting what the Govenor has to say today. :poke:

Another edit: Just noticed on the MN website... it has a new stat... people tested... Which is 820,817. They also changed some of the "extra info" about the positive cases are only getting counted as one. So I will have to redo some stuff. IE: MN infection rate for the whole time period is 6.54% not the 5.4% or so I have been reporting. So this makes the increase not seem so dramatic. :bop: Or a SPIKE. it is more of just a "flare" up. ALso take into consideration what has been going on in MN... riots, protests, etc. Plus the "re-opening of things" which will naturally show an increase. Just as long as it doesn't SKY ROCKET. So again... MN seems on a good track. But it will be interesting what the Gov says today. I know it will focus on school openings and fall sports for schools. :thumb:

#814 ·
Daily update of MN....779 "new" cases. 16,660 tests.... That is an infection rate of 4.68%. So even though case number increased infection rate decreased. WHICH IS GREAT. 6 deaths with 4 coming from assisted care facilities. One death was a 20-29 year old otherwise other 3 were all over 70 years old. ICU is at 151 and hospitalization is at 161. Still good numbers but did increase. Again nothing like the 250's we did see. So not getting OVER CROWDED at all. Probable deaths still at 40. :thumb:

Also the number of "patients" tested is now at 834,354... that is up 13,537. So of the 16,660 people being tested 13,537 are new....and 3,123 are people who are getting tested again.

Now "monthly" totals.... so please look how things changed from when I reported in June and July....

April 1 - April 30

- 59,627 Tests done
- 7,182 positive cases
- 12% infection rate
- 331 Deaths
- 932 Needed Hospitalization of those 326 in ICU Beds
- 13% Hospitalization rate

May 1 - May 31

- 195,008 tests completed
- 18,267 positive cases
- 9.4% infection rate
- 696 Deaths
- 2003 Needed Hospitalization of those 613 needed ICU Beds
- 11% Hospitalization rate

June 1 - June 30
**** As of now because it has only been one day into July these numbers could change because of slower in test reporting****

- 340,620 Tests completed
- 10,293 positive cases
- Infection rate of 3%
- 402 Deaths (this number is accurate and not lagging because of testing)
- 1,007 Needed Hospitalization of those 287 needed ICU Beds (this number is accurate and will not change because of testing)
- 10% Hospitalization rate

So some of the numbers have changed.... even back in April... .which is interesting... But here are the new numbers.

April 1 - April 30

- 59,629 Tests completed
- 7,240 positive cases
- infection rate of 12.14%

May 1 - May 31

- 201,896 Tests completed
- 18,268 positive cases
- infection rate of 9.04%

June 1 - June 30

- 333,542 tests completed (yes this went down some how??)
- 11,616 positive cases
- infection rate of 3.48%

The rest of the data all stayed the same from what is quoted from my earlier post.
Now the numbers as of 07/30/2020... the July 31 numbers will be out tomorrow.

April 1- April 30
- 59,625 Tests Competed (this decreased)
- 7,239 Positive Cases (this decreased)
- 12.14% Infection Rate

May 1 - May 31
- 202,016 Tests completed (this increased)
- 18,280 positive cases (this increased)
- 9.05% infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 333,533 Tests Completed (this decreased)
- 12,342 Positive cases (this increased by 726)
- 3.70% Infection Rate

July 1 - July 30
- 407,890 Tests completed
- 16,325 positive cases
- 4.00% infection rate
- 159 Deaths
- 1,101 Needed hospitalization and of those 252 needed ICU beds.
- 6.74% Hospitalization rate

So when you see numbers being reported about "New" cases it could be back in April, May, or June... Now the infection rate ticket up a little but deaths and Hospitalization down... Which is all good. Also testing increased by over 74,000 and we have one more day to get those numbers included... So could be up to almost 90,000 more tests than the month before. Which is great.

Again just take this data and do with it what you wish to make yourself an informed decision.

#815 ·
July 1 - July 30
- 407,890 Tests completed
- 16,325 positive cases
- 4.00% infection rate
Since I posted those numbers on Friday... .this is what has changed...

July 1- July 31
- 422,828 Tests Completed
- 18,348 positive cases
- Infection Rate of 4.34%

So things went up and like my data has shown... this number will change even 2 months from now it total cases and test completed. That number keeps changing. But the infection rate is pretty close each time. :thumb:

Anyways.... todays numbers

622 "new cases" with 15870 tests... that is an infection rate of 3.91%. Total number of tests is 1,070,925... with 872,004 total people being tested with 56,560 total cases.. Which depends on how you want to do it... but total tests verses positive cases is 56,860 / 1,070,925 is an infection rate of 5.28% infection rate. But if you go total people tested / positive cases... you get an infection rate of 6.49%. So either way... our last month and daily update is less than what the total infection rate was during the whole time period. WHICH IS GOOD... again take the info as you will and make good decisions that best fit you and your loved ones.

Edit:

Should have had this in the other "monthly" type thread...

But in MN as of Aug 3, 2020. There has been 1616 deaths. Of those deaths 990 are people over age of 80. That is 61.26%... if you move to deaths of people who are 70+ that number rises to 1298... which is 80.32%. So it shows you the age groups who need to be protected. With the average life expectancy in the USA at about 80. Again I am not trying to down play this because I have lots of family members in the "HIGH RISK" age grouping. But just getting facts out there for people. This shows who should be protected and take extra precautions. :thumb:

#816 ·
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ingbuttons

another story from FL....

Autopsy Shows Young Florida Nurse Died from Kidney Infection - Never Had Coronavirus
Just saying we are getting too many of these stories that are first reported coming back FALSE.

Like I have been telling everyone.... wait until after the election.... we will be hearing a different tune about the Virus. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR.... It will go one way or the other... it will be worse or way better than what is getting reported now. We wont be hearing the same tune. The media, elected leaders, etc are making this way too political and not getting WE THE PEOPLE the correct info. Just like when Dr. Fauci was testifying. He couldn't come out and say.... protesting COULD spread the virus and to take precautions. He couldn't say that because it was political to go against Protests. Yet he has come out and stated... DONT GO TO CHURCH. Then you see in some states you will get ticketed, churches could get shut down, etc...if they worship. The sad thing is both PROTESTS and CHURCH are protected under the exact same admendment... the 1st!! :bop:

See how everything is so dang political. :bop: Just give the people accurate info so they can make decisions for themselves.

#817 ·
https://twitter.com/DeAngelisCorey/stat ... 6777649153

I found this funny with exactly what I talked about with how we will get different INFO right after the elections....

I also understand what they mean by 1st term is over... ie: After the first quarter/semester/trimester of the school year... they can come back in class. Which might mean... the schools got all set up, precautions in place, etc. Which I can agree with and understand. But it is funny it is right after the election... :thumb: :rollin:

#818 ·
Little more about MN... what the projections were and where we are actually at....

I will also add in.... I will to this day argue with my very right leaning friends that Walz did a good job in the beginning. But now that more and more data is coming out and available. He needs to switch his stance. But again... he is in a damned if you do and a damned if you don't situation. But in his early talks it was all about "Flattening the Curve"... well that happened and now people are ready for it. So loosen the strings a little.

Attachments

#819 ·
BTW...yesterday I saw they are saying MN is a "flair up"... when if you look at my data... it isn't that. Yes cases are increasing but the infection rate is still down. Well until today....First time the infection daily rate was over 7% since the start of this.

606 "new cases" with 8060 tests... that is 7.52% rate of infection. 4 deaths with 2 being in an assisted living type facility. 878,111 "people tested" and 1,078,695 total tests completed. So again.. those are great testing numbers. In the ICU 159 and other hospitalized are 169. So again... good numbers. :bop:

But need to keep up looking at everything... and testing needs to get back up into the 10,000+ a day.

Today is some big news in MN... the State High School league is voting to see what they do with fall sports. Rumblings are to start as normal on Aug 17th... or Cancel it all... or Start Sept 7th... and just shorten the regular seasons... and I cant remember what I read about the possible 4th option. But will find out soon.

This is important for people in ND... because if there isn't fall sports... LOOK OUT COME MEA for MN, WI, etc. You thought you saw an influx last year. Imagine if they all have "distance" learning and no sports. They kids can just use a "hotspot" and be in ND.

#820 ·
MN Update...

629 "new cases", 11,720 tested which is an infection rate of 5.37%. 152 in ICU care and 153 other hospitalization. 9 deaths with 4 coming from care facilities. So infection rate and ICU stuff is all good numbers.

The "probable" deaths went up to 41. So who knows if they are confirmed or not. But glad that number isn't going up significantly because that means were are being lied too.

887,623 people tested. With 1,090,303 total tests done.

July 1- July 31
- 422,828 Tests Completed
- 18,348 positive cases
- Infection Rate of 4.34%
An update of these numbers....

- 422,605 tests completed (funny how this always goes down???)
- 19,060 positive cases
- infection rate of 4.5%

June 1 - June 30
- 333,533 Tests Completed (this decreased)
- 12,342 Positive cases (this increased by 726)
- 3.70% Infection Rate
- 340,328 tests completed... THIS WENT UP???
- 11,711 positive cases... this decrease???
- Infection rate of 3.44%

So what is going on with June numbers.... for three times I have checked they keep changing??? Up, down, up, down.... :******: :******:

Again how can people and elected officials make accurate decisions when numbers keep changing. The infection rate is staying about the same. But this just shows you it is hard to make decisions because things keep changing and we are not getting the full scope of the issue. :bop:

#821 ·
MN Numbers for tody....

867 "new cases" with 14,940 tests completed. That is 5.8% infection rate. Not good but not bad either. We need this to drop!!!

153 in ICU and 166 other hospitalizations. So this is good. Deaths was 7 with 3 being in an assisted care facility.

Now 899,480 people have been tested with 1,105,094 tests completed in the state of MN. WHICH IS GREAT!!!

Ok now here is something I will start to question the data and are we getting correct numbers.

If you take what I posted yesterday on tests being completed (1,090,303) and subtract that from what I just posted about tests completed....1,105,094... you get 14,791 tests. yet on the website it states that 14,940 tests were completed?? It shows 759 were completed and reported by the MDH and another 14,181 by external labs.... so that is 14,940 tests... yet the other number reported is different??? Why is this...

Some might say that why would 149 sample matter. Well that is almost 9 new cases (149 x 5.8% infection rate). This is why it matters...

Because in just a few short weeks the Schools will need accurate data to see how they can move forward. MN plan is based off of cases per 10,000 population for counties if they can reopen or how they want to reopen. (full open, hybrid type with distance learning and re open, or all distance learning) So if we dont get accurate data how can they make informed decisions??? Those 9 cases could be from a certain county and that would or could change how the school opens or doesn't open!

This is my issue all along on this. AND I AM GETTING THIS DIRECTLY FROM THE MN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH!!!

EDIT:

This is were you can see how your county in MN is for the cases per 10,000. And the "school" possible plans available. People please stay informed and plan accordingly. :thumb:

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases ... school.pdf

#822 ·
You know what one of the biggest hold ups now with the New Corona Bill....

It is that the Republicans dont want businesses to beable to get sued. It is a liability protection. The Dem's want that removed.

So.... let me just break this down for you. The Dem's want trial lawyers to go after businesses or places for COVID. So if you come into my place of work. Get covid or it can be tracked that you got it at my place. You can SUE. Here is the kicker.... INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER THIS. So you would be going after me personally. So you would end up bankrupting me or any business owner. Now some will say... well Walmart has deep pockets or even Mc D's. Well lots of those are franchised.. .so you are going after the owner not the Corporation!!

So who again is working for the people... NOT THE DEM's. They just want to make lawyers rich. Because just wait when the smoke clears on all of this... the lawsuits. How about lawsuits against... SCHOOLS... again there is no insurance coverage for this. So they want to bankrupt schools.... then guess what will happen to taxes!!!

Anyways.... something to think about.

#823 ·
MN Daily numbers....

556 "new cases" out of 15,924 tests completed 3.49% infection rate... (Need to keep this going :thumb: ) 4 deaths with 2 being in a group/assisted care facility. 155 people in ICU beds and 145 other hospitalizations. 910,271 total people tested... and 1,121,299 total tests completed. Again this number isn't jiving with everything.... because subtract 1,105,094 from 1,121,299 equals 16,205....and the numbers posted are 15,924 tests completed today? So again... the numbers are not equaling or they are not explaining why the difference. Is it because these are tests processed weeks ago and not getting into the "daily" numbers... who knows... they might need to explain this.

But out of 910,271 people tested only 59,185 cases (if these are accurate numbers) is 6.5% infection rate... not great but not horrible by any means. If our daily infection rate is below that it is winning against this virus.

Also 51,940 people no longer need isolation. So that means 7,245 "active cases"... this number needs to drop. But out of a population of approximately 5,600,000. That means .13 of the population is "contagious".

#824 ·
Sorry I have been slacking on these updates... I was busy with work and also was out enjoying the Great State of ND. I enjoyed a few days of early goose hunting and just relaxing.

Anyways.... Todays numbers 8/17/2020 for MN.... 359 "new" cases.... with 7,402 tests... that is an infection rate of 4.85%. 9 Deaths with 7 coming from assisted care type facilities. ICU numbers is 154 in beds and another 150 hospitalized. So again... NO swamped which the Gov. of MN kept saying he wanted to avoid. So need to open more things up. The hospitals are ready if anything "expodes".

So when I was gone.... the numbers went from 59,185 "cases" to 66,061 "cases". That is an increase 6,876 cases from 8-7 to 8-17. So an average of 688 "new" cases a day... (I rounded up). Testing went from 1,121,299 to 1,273,397. That is 152,098 tests.... so that is 4.52% rate of infection.... SO GOOD NUMBERS. Still need to go down. But showing MN isn't SKY ROCKETING or anything like that.

The number of "possible" deaths has increased to 46. So 46 deaths might not be linked to COVID... but right now are being counted towards it. In MN so far they have had 1721 total deaths from covid and 1257 have come from a care facility (assisted, nursing, group home, rehab home, etc).

Again take the info with a grain of salt and make informed decisions. BTW... you are not reading too much about Covid now adays.... the media is on the "new" news cycle to push... ie: Election.

#825 ·
Good morning Chuck. Jamestown had mass testing a couple days ago and no positives. Things are looking up.

Cuomo praised Trump for all the help in the beginning. Then the fool sent the infected yo nursing homes and killed thousands. Nlw to hide his lack of judgement he blames Trump. What a bunch of loosers.

Did you see Bidens interview with Carly B. The democrats sure like her. Hannity said he couldnt even repeat the words to her new song. So you know I had to google it. Its called WAP. I dont think the democrats have a chance even cheating. They dont want mail in votes to win, they want it to creat civil unrest. Like Russia, China. Cuba, perhaps they think communism will work if they kill enough of us. Those with Trump Derangement Syndrome would certainly drop the hammer on Trump if they had a clear shot. The Secret Service better stay sharp.

#826 ·
MN Updated Numbers....

567 "new cases" with 34,879 tests completed that is an infection rate of 1.62%. This is misleading because of 34K tests when the average has been closer to the 12K range. But hope it keeps up with huge number of tests. :thumb: There was 17 deaths with 9 coming from an assisted or group type facility. This number is still way to high. But break it down more by age groups.... 1- 60+ age, 5 - 70+ age, 5 - 80+ age, and 6 - 90+ age. Again we want 0 deaths but just to shed light on the subject 11 of the 17 deaths were over the average life expectancy of the national population. ICU Beds is 152 and Hospital stays is 169. So still good numbers or stable numbers there.

We just need to see if testing "drops" tommorrow to the average or if way below.

Stay informed and make your own decisions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.