North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Coin shortage

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  dakotashooter2 
#1 ·
Im on another site where a guy in Arizona went to the bank to get quarters to wash his car. They had no quarters or coins of any kind. Others were reporting the same thing. Whats up? I know they want to force us to plastic. People are no longer in control.

#5 ·
blhunter3 said:
More government control. :ticked:
Has nothing to do with government control. Because of the virus protection for workers and the delivery system of coins to banks, like everything else the system is slowed down. Even UPS and Fed-x are slow in their deliveries these days. Last two orders I placed in the last month, one from Amazon and one from another retailer took over ten days to reach me and they were supposedly 2 day deliveries. Both packages were smashed and looked like they road on the back of a freight wagon through a dust storm.

#6 ·
I was reading last night that because of the shortage businesses were considering if you use cash they woukd round up to the next dollar. However it appears they too want to take advantage of this. The way it is explained was if you purchase items for $1.99 or $1.19 they would both ring up $2.00. If this needs to be done ok, but only round up the total not every item. Maybe the writer simply didnt explain it well.

#7 ·
Here is a theory I have or a side twist in all of this.

Who are the people who typically pay with change and buy many little items??? KIDS. Think of how many times you see a kid buying a soda at a gas station with dimes, nickles and quarters. Well Kids were locked up for the most part and some still are because no summer activities and they are sitting at home. Well those coins are no longer in circulation. They are sitting in piggy banks, parents coin jars, etc.

Just something else to throw a little monkey wrench in all of this.

#8 ·
Chuck Smith said:
Here is a theory I have or a side twist in all of this.

Who are the people who typically pay with change and buy many little items??? KIDS. Think of how many times you see a kid buying a soda at a gas station with dimes, nickles and quarters. Well Kids were locked up for the most part and some still are because no summer activities and they are sitting at home. Well those coins are no longer in circulation. They are sitting in piggy banks, parents coin jars, etc.

Just something else to throw a little monkey wrench in all of this.
:oops: I have about $400 in change.

#10 ·
This is just a way for the Government to get us to go away from cash, so they can track and tax us even more.

Fedex is now up to 2-4 weeks out on shipping. Thankfully other companies are filling in. This Covid excuse is getting old.

#12 ·
dakotashooter2 said:
Hmmm I went to the bank a week ago and got 2 rolls of freshly minted quarters.
I have not seen it around here myself. In North Dakota we are often insulated from some of the things the rest of the country is exposed to so I was wondering what other people were experiencing. My curiosity comes from the push that does exist to make this a cashless society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.