North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Corona-virus

104K views 842 replies 16 participants last post by  Chuck Smith 
#1 ·
How big will this get? Looking bad. My wife and I had looked at booking that Diamond Princess Ship. We have previously been on 2 Princess ships.It started in Singapore and ended in Tokyo. Stopped in Hong Kong. Good thing we went to the Carribean instead. That is a nightmare.

70,000 cases now reported with 2,000 dead. How many products made in China and imported here will have problems if the Chinese close the factories.

#27 ·
The democrats by not passing a bill with more money, but do stop flavored tobacco have by their priorities shown us they are simply full of bs about Trump not on the Coronavirus.
For those that say it's not being politically weaponized: I missed the introduction to this lady so don't know if she is media or elected democrat, but she was calling for the Coronavirus to be called the Trump virus. She was being dead serious. Again, on audio straight from her mouth. What I am wondering is how low do the elected democrats have to go before citizens who voted for them say enough? How bad is the Trump derangement syndrome for the democrat voter?

#29 ·
I was telling you that I watched Trump say that the virus was going to go away and that the flu was more deadly.
I have always been envious of people with the ability to read lips. :rollin: However I did hear him say the same thing you seen. I think it is without doubt this problem is going to go away. It may kill a lot of people first, but it is going to go away. Sooner than later I would venture to estimate.
One has to make sure we don't get careless about avoiding this virus. We all know the media and democrats are hyping it and knowing they are liars could make a high number of people careless. It also creates false pessimism in the market. Granted it is serious, but to blow it out of proportion for political advantage is shameful. Well, for people that have a sense of shame anyway.

#30 ·
Trump......"At the White House news conference alongside members of the administration's coronavirus task force and health officials, the president insisted that the risk to the American people from the virus "remains very low."

Attachments

#31 ·
It is low at this time!
His travel ban and quarantine that he implemented a month ago is to thank for that. Both of which the dumbocraps highly criticized him for implementing!
He also said that they are taking actions to keep it that way!

#32 ·
It is currently low, and if the Democrats don't demand we open our borders there is a good chance it will stay low. The president is simply trying to avoid foolish panic which the Democrats are trying to create. Some democrats are saying maybe they can use this to bring down Trump. I think whentheyeork against America and the health of its citizens to het to Trump its treason. Pelosi and Shumer should be standing on the gallows.

#33 ·
Today the World Health Organization stated that the Corona Virus was likely to spread world-wide over the next two weeks.

World wide the death rate is over 3%. In some countries (like Iran) the death rate is 7.5%.

Thank goodness the President of the United States of America says not to worry, the virus is a hoax. (Again, I watched the words come out of his mouth).

The USA, the most powerful country in the world, needs a leader who can lead...not just point the finger of blame...soon he will be blaming Pence.

If the virus is a hoax are those people "playing dead"???

#34 ·
So we need a leader like you have. A Bernie Sanders 1.0? Sorry, no thanks. Enjoy your carbon tax and warped, weak and ineffectual leader. Our country is finally making headway after the Bush/Obama double disaster and leftists are beating the drums trying to stop it.

#37 ·
Canuck said:
Today the World Health Organization stated that the Corona Virus was likely to spread world-wide over the next two weeks.

World wide the death rate is over 3%. In some countries (like Iran) the death rate is 7.5%.

Thank goodness the President of the United States of America says not to worry, the virus is a hoax. (Again, I watched the words come out of his mouth).

The USA, the most powerful country in the world, needs a leader who can lead...not just point the finger of blame...soon he will be blaming Pence.

If the virus is a hoax are those people "playing dead"???
If one would look at a map of the world showing cases of corona virus, one would see the virus was already worldwide!

#40 ·
Canuck said:
That is our problem Plainsman...the politicians are either girly boys or fat lying pigs...I am 100% sure that any of you on this forum could do a more respectable job of presiding over the USA than the "man" you have now...any of you.
:thumb: :thumb:

#41 ·
Here is girly man Trudeau in a celebrity boxing match for Cancer. He is fighting a young Senator Patrick Brazeau. Brazeau pummels Trudeau in the first round but then Trudeau's obvious boxing training takes over. Eventually the fight is stopped in the third round. The match was televised by SUN, Canada's answer to FOX...I bet he could whip Trump's butt easy. :rollin:

#43 ·
Canuck I agree with you on politicians. My bad attitude about Trudeau comes from my relatives in British Columbia.

I wouldn't k ow much about running a country. I can't remember the rock band leader who had someone tell him that his drummer was a total something or other. The band leader said give me a guy like that who can play any day over a nice guy who cant play. Maybe Trump is a little like that drummer.

#44 ·
I also agree with both Canuck and Plainsman on the crop of politicians we seem to grow. I also have friends across the border in Manitoba(only live 20 miles south of them) who vehemently dislike Trudeau and wish them could trade him for Trump.

My wife and I were flying back to Minot last Sunday from visiting relatives and were seated next to a very nice young farmer from Regina. He stated he had lost $100,000 in 2018 and $300,000 in 2019. $60,000 of the 2019 loss was directly related to the carbon tax. He said this next year will most likely destroy his farming career. He stated his friends and relatives in the oil industry are hurting as well because of pipelines not being completed, the attack on fossil fuels, etc. He made it clear we are blessed to have the electoral college, second amendment rights as well as capitalist economy and limited regulation. He stated in western Canada we have no say and there is not a damn thing we can do about it. I felt for him and those like him.

#45 ·
north1 speaking of relatives in Canada my last two years have been interesting. When my grandfathers family dispersed out of Minnesota in about the late 1860s people lost track of one another. I don't know the year exactly, but the homestead act b0rought my grandparents to North Dakota.
Anyway some went to Canada and a cousin 83 years old retired a few years ago and started searching out relstives. When he called me I had no idea I had relatives still in British Columbia. He laughed and said oh yes I had cousins farming around Kennedy. Saskatchewan, and some owned the largest ranches in Alberta. During our conversation I told him the wife and I planned on a fishing trip to Alaska. He asked if I knew my cousin who was a retired pastor in Achorage. I said I didn't know he existed. He said yup, and his boys had a little fishing boat and may take me out. Two weeks later the cousin from Anchorage calls. The little fishing boat is 140 feet.
So talking to relative they tell me how life in Canada has gone down hill with the liberal east in charge. They tell me their wildlife biologists run on emotions more than education, and definitely not brains. They say the only people that like their current Gov are the live in their mother's basement parasites. They all wish they had a second ammendment.

#46 ·
Plainsman I have to run so have no time to respond except to say this about scientists, such as biologists in Canada...it was the previous Conservative government that killed science in Canada...everything from water to wildlife has been devastated...Trudeau is doing what he can to repair the regulatory environment...if it makes you feel any better I did not vote for Trudeau but I hated Harper and his Trump-like dealings with people. He killed my Fisheries job just as I retired.

#47 ·
My wife and her family were made aware of a similar scenario a few years back. Virtually every Canadian I have talked to west of Winnipeg has echoed what you stated. It's like the democrats are directly plugged into the eastern Canada political elite for their platform. I am not completely enamored with Trump the person but agree with virtually every policy he has brought forth. Including his stance and handling of the coronavirus outbreak. Takes a lot of effort to sift through the media dung to verify what is going on. Like him stating the democrat response to his position on the coronavirus was a hoax not the disease itself.

#48 ·
I don't remember the rock band, but I do remember a statement by one leader of a band years ago. Maybe I already posted this, but I think that was a different site. Anyway people were complaining about what a jerk his drummer was. He said I would rather have a jerk that can play than a nice guy who can't. Trump knows how to play. I don't have a clue about his personality, but then neither does anyone else. They whine because he makes fun of their heroes. If that's it then I'm a jerk too. :thumb: Leaving myself open for the real jerks on that one. :rollin:

#50 ·
This virus issue.

Yes Trump has done all he can so far on it. The Travel Ban, The quarenteen of pople, etc. They are trying to fast track vaccines and testing.

But I am sure with the two deaths reported over the weekend the media will have a field day and say that Trump isn't doing enough.

This is something we keep on top of but it isn't as bad as people think it is. It is like the FLU... it kills people with weak immune systems and the elderly or very young. The rest of the people will just feel sick or nothing at all. It could become worse than we know... but as of now this is what is being reported.

But the bigger issue is that China has shut down. So our dependence on China for many things needs to stop. We need to be more spread out or everything back into the USA. Which is Trumps plan on being more "USA First".... which a leader of any country should think this way. The HOME country First mentality. :bop:

#51 ·
No you didn't watch those words come out of his mouth because he never said the virus was a hoax. You have to much faith in the fake news you watch Canuck. So much faith that you repeat things that are not true. At least I assume that because otherwise it would be you full of bs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.