North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Vikings 2014

24K views 70 replies 11 participants last post by  Chuck Smith 
#1 ·
boy has this sport forum died off, I'm predicting 10-6 or 9-7 for the Queens this year, still a year or two away from contending.....

but I believe the team has improved a lot from the last couple years.....Go Vikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 ·
9manfan said:
I'm a huge Viking fan, but that game was down right ugly, I turned it off in the second half and watched the KC and Seattle game, our offense is horrible and we made Cutler look all pro again.....

I hate to admit it though that the Pukers are sure looking good .....
Yeah....the only good thing about the Pukers game was that Fox switched to the Arizona/Detroit game.I bet a bunch of Puker fans here loved that. :rollin:

#53 ·
KEN W said:
9manfan said:
I'm a huge Viking fan, but that game was down right ugly, I turned it off in the second half and watched the KC and Seattle game, our offense is horrible and we made Cutler look all pro again.....

I hate to admit it though that the Pukers are sure looking good .....
Yeah....the only good thing about the Pukers game was that Fox switched to the Arizona/Detroit game.I bet a bunch of Puker fans here loved that. :rollin:
you were lucky, I was stuck watching them to the bitter end.......nothing like watching a blow out when a good game is on.......

#56 ·
It was fun game to watch, alot closer than I thought it was going to be, they pretty much decided that the Pukers running game was going to have to beat them, and Lacy did have a good game, but Bridgestone still looks young at times and at times he looks pretty good, 7-9 for the season now the way it's looking...............

#57 ·
From another thread earlier preseason;

Chuck Smith said:
It will be funny when the (GULP!!) Vikings win both games against the packers this year.... :D :D :D

I know it is a bold call....but hey i got to do it every year... :thumb: :poke:

Hopefully with some of the moves they made this off season will help slow down the Pack and can keep us with a lead in the 4th quarter. :beer:
Sorry Chuck, had to bring this back. Kind of like the 8-8 prediction? :poke: :evil:

The Pack didn't play that well last Sunday. I hope they were saving it for New England. I can't say I would bet on the Pack myself in that game.

#58 ·
Longshot... I expected someone to bring it up. LOL

I knew it was a risky call and well... I made that bed and will lay in it.

One thing that could have slowed down lacy a little would have been the presence of Floyd. He didn't play and has been having a very good second year. Just like this past weekend he had a good start against the Panthers but then was out. Not sure exactly why or what the injury was. But he sat. Even with him in the game I don't think that the Vikings would have won but it might have been even closer. :beer:

As you can tell I am still a die hard purple fan and will always make bold predictions and have faith in my team. One thing I didn't like is still the play calling. This past weekend they were up and got the ball right away to start the second 1/2. Why didn't they go deep on the first play and put the foot on the neck of the panthers. I mean that would have been a crushing blow to them if you did play action and completed a long gain. good teams do that. :bop:

#59 ·
Nice win yesterday, although at this point all I can think about is high draft picks, Bridgestone is getting better with each game, 8-8 for the year I'm thinking......................

#60 ·
I agree I am thinking draft picks too..... Like a RB since Peterson won't wear purple again. Even though some think it is BS but it is the big PR move to let him go with a new stadium on it's way. Need to find a new "face" of the franchise.

I will still hold on to a 9-7. They could run the table. Teddy is looking better and the Defense is doing the "bend but don't break" type of defense. All I am afraid of is Megatron eating up Robinson all next week. Robinson has been in position but just can't make the plays. he seems a split second behind. It will hurt that Floyd isn't 100% healthy. he hasn't finished the last 3 games. He was having a good second year. So it will be interesting.

One thing that is nice Gurley getting his knee fixed might move him down in the draft... Second round pick or further with his off the field stuff. Or if the Vikings keep doing what they have been (getting multiple first round picks)... they could snag Gordon late first round. But we will just have to wait and see for those shenanigans' to play out.

#61 ·
Havn't been too concerned with losing to this point because higher draft picks for next year, but that loss yesterday just plain SUCKED.....really thought Bridgestone had a pretty good day, couple pretty impressive throws in yesterdays game.......

so glad they didn't look at Manziel in the draft now.......because I thought he would be better than Bridgestone....

#62 · (Edited by Moderator)
The Queens have alway had a talent to find a way to lose.

At least you can still laugh at the Bears.

haha.jpg

Attachments

#63 ·
I remember when the Bears acquired Cutler, I was really worried about that at the time, but, he just never worked out like they hoped he would......not real sure he is the ultimate team player you want to build your team around....

Ya, the Vikings have the ability to lose games they never should...... :x

#64 ·
The Miami game was a hard pill to swallow. The Vikings need to learn now to put away a team. Happened against Buf and Detroit the second meeting as well. Those are three wins they should have had!!!

Now I won't say it was a good season. Like I said at the beginning of this thread.... This team should have been 11-5 or better IMHO. Then with what happened with Peterson.... Oh well we still have professionals on the team that should have done better.

Like I also have mentioned. I think Turner needs to rewrite his play book more. He is very conservative with short throws on 3rd and long... among other questionable play calling. Or is this our WR not running routes deep enough?? don't know only people on the team know that for sure. But it is one thing I have noticed.

I will say that one person who had a great year but won't get the recognition is Flyod. He did so many good things this year. He would get push up the middle to flush the QB and make RB run outside. He would get his 1-2 yards penetration then flow down the line to make tackles. He covers screen passes really well. He just needs to stay healthy for the whole year.

Now for the future... It looks bright for the Vikings.

Teddy will need to grow and keep progressing. He did that every game this year and now just needs to keep building on that. (he does go through his reads a little too fast and could use his legs more to by him time to extend plays..... like Rodgers one of the best in the NFL that does that...that was very hard for me to say...LOL)

They need to do something about the OL. Kahil needs to get back to his true form. I know injury and what not. His run blocking is great, but his pass blocking was horrible this season. It did look good last two weeks. But he needs to be consistant all year. They need to do something at guard and just have the line be healthy all year!

WR/TE... Patterson needs to figure things out. Hopefully this offseason he will train hard with Jennings, Johnson and Teddy. This is where Teddy needs to show leadership and work with the WR to get better. Also throw in our TE into this mix.

DEF: They had a good year but also need to close out games. They also needed to increase more sacks and INT's. Griffen had a good year but needs to keep getting better. Robinson... I am still not that impressed with him. He needs to step up his game and beat more of the 1 on 1 he was getting. We had lots of dropped balls this year and also Munnerlying is on the hot seat. he didn't impress me at all. Thought he would come in and be a shut down type CB...but he wasn't. Rhodes had a great year and made big strides. LB will be a place that will need to be addressed as well. Greenway could be gone. If Cole plays like he did against the bear... Their is out replacement!! Barr needs to stay healthy all year and keep improving. But another year learning this system. They will be better.

So it was a ok year all considering that we lost our starting QB to injury early and were forced to play a rookie. We lost our RB because of legal issues and had running back by committee with very unproven players. But again... I won't say it was a good year. We should have won 3 more games if not more IMO. But the future looks bright and lets see how the off season plays with AP and the Draft. Also maybe the owners will spend some cash and pick up somebody in free agency. Who knows and only time will tell.

#65 ·
For all the turmoil and injuries we had this year, 8 - 8 would of been great with a young QB so I guess 7-9 wasn't too bad, definitely think Bridgestone is the future QB of this team, made good progress, we need help on the O-line, prolly linebacker as well, and just add some depth behind all the positions.....I believe we are headed in the right direction anyways......

......and just how big of an IDIOT is Ndamukong Suh.........this antic might have cost him some money in free agency, the man just will not learn...

#66 ·
9manfan said:
......and just how big of an IDIOT is Ndamukong Suh.........this antic might have cost him some money in free agency, the man just will not learn...
Looks like he will not be playing next Sunday as of now. We'll see what the appeal brings. IMO this was completely intentional.

#67 ·
Longshot said:
9manfan said:
Looks like he will not be playing next Sunday as of now. We'll see what the appeal brings. IMO this was completely intentional.
I agree, his first little step "might" have been accidental, but the next step was on purpose.....the man is one heck of an intense football player but he is also a complete MORON for not controlling his emotions......................

#68 ·
Packers have a tough road ahead of them. They play well at home, but will it be enough. The defense starts out hot, but loses its intensity quickly and the offense is still struggling in the red zone. They move down the field quickly and then hit a wall lately. Not problems you want at this time of year

#69 ·
If the Pukers had home field advantage thru out the playoffs, I would say they're the team to beat, but being they have to more than likely play at Seattle, they will have a hard time slowing down Seattles offense, and this game only happens if they get past the Cowgirls, NFL playoff football is a fun time of the year......

#70 ·
Yeah... Suh just inked himself a deal with the Raiders....LOL

I agree that the "first" step was an accident. But when he repositioned it and stepped again yeah was more intentional. Now with his past history is why he got hammered. Plus what his teammate did the week before.

I will say this though (and packer fans can blast me all they want).... Rodgers was also a cry baby on that whole issue as well. It wasn't a stomp or anything too malicious. BUT it was uncalled for and very UNSPORTSMAN LIKE. But things in the bottom of a pile are a heck of a lot worse that what Suh did. But Rodgers had to cry and whine about it to an official. But I digress.

I agree the Packers have a tough road ahead of them if they want to win. Dallas is a hot team and i don't think they will have the typical collapse that we are used to seeing out of Romo. But in the same breathe.... they have to get by the Lions. Lions have a good defense and if Suh doesn't miss a game and if Farely is back on the squad... Look out. They have a great run defense and could slow down Demarco. Plus with Megatron, Tate, and Stafford. Things can happen through the air.

Seatle is on fire right now and having home field advantage through out is huge for them.

#71 ·
Just was looking up year end stats...

WOW... The Vikings finishing with the record they did with the leading rusher on the team with only 570 yards and combined between Asiata and McKinnon they had a total of 1108 yards. Is kind of remarkable. It makes you think if they could get a decent running game....ie: 1500 yards from the top two backs. Or had a team total of 2000+ rushing yards. They were 14th in the league with 1804.

Also the last 4 losses they had they lost by a combined total of 15 points!! So again wins left on the table!!!

Again i will not say it was a good year considering. Because like I mentioned they are professionals and need to close out games. That is what winners do! But like always... future looks bright if they keep progressing and learn to finish games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.