North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

HB-1130-License Increase for Habitat

16K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  Dick Monson 
#1 ·
HB 1130 - Introduced by Rep's Porter, Damschen, Hofstad; Sen's Burckhard, Carlisle, Lyson. Would increase the fee of a resident small game hunting license from $6 to $10, a nonresident small game hunting license from $85 to $94, resident big game hunting license from $20 to $25, a youth big game hunting license from $10 to $11, nonresident big game hunting license from $200 to $220, resident furbearer license from $7 to $10, resident wild turkey license from $8 to $10, nonresident waterfowl hunting license from $85 to $94, nonresident furbearer and nongame hunting license from $25 to $28, resident combination license from $32 to $38, nonresident swan license from $25 to $28, and a resident application fee for moose, elk and sheep from $3 to $5. In addition, the general game and habitat license would increase from $10 to $17, and $8 (instead of $5) of each general game and habitat license sold would be placed in the Game and Fish Department's private land habitat and access improvement fund. Referred to Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this bill will be supported by sportsmen. It is over due. Expenses go up and revenue for NDGF is dropping.

#27 ·
Randy Kreil reads nodak? Interesting. Which psuedo name is his?
It says read Shaug. You don't have to belong to read. I often get PM's from people who have been on for a year or two, sometimes longer but never posted. You will not see their name.

#28 ·
#29 ·
Dick - please put the following on the NODAK thread from me: "At the department we read lots of things - on line and in newspapers, magazines and any others sources we can find in an effort to keep our finger on the pulse of hunters and anglers. We never use pseudo names! If we submit anything from the department (or even personally in my own case) we use our real names and stand behind what we say. A final point and my personal opinion - the use of pseudo names really detracts from the credibility of the comments or observations on web sites. People can say anything using a pseudo name and not be held accountable for its accuracy or intent. People willing to use their own name have much more credibility and their observations are more useful because they have the courage of their convictions to stand behind what they say. Randy Kreil"

So there it is. Straight from the Department.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note the hearing on HB1130 seems to have gone well for the increase in fees. Reported that all testimony is in favor of 20% increase. We'll see how the vote goes. You guys rock.

#30 ·
all testimony in favor? Excellent.

#31 ·
I hope HB-1130 passes. We haven't had fee increases in years. I'm OK with that.

Dick wrote what Randy Kreil said,

"At the department we read lots of things - on line and in newspapers, magazines and any others sources we can find in an effort to keep our finger on the pulse of hunters and anglers.
Indistinct pulse here.

AND

A final point and my personal opinion - the use of pseudo names really detracts from the credibility of the comments or observations on web sites. People can say anything using a pseudo name and not be held accountable for its accuracy or intent.
Couldn't agree more. Too many pseudo-people yelling from behind the dumpster.

#33 ·
I have no problem with an increase in license fees, and I stated before 10% for residents and 20 to 30% for no residents -- probably use the 30% would be best. This is what I sent to all committee members via e-mail. I see this being a fair statement.

Ima870man
Jeff

#35 ·
HB 1130: A BILL for an Act to amend and reenact sections 20.1-03-12, 20.1-03-12.1, and
20.1-03-12.2 of the North Dakota Century Code, relating to hunting fees.
ROLL CALL
The question being on the final passage of the amended bill, which has been read, and has
committee recommendation of DO PASS, the roll was called and there were 75 YEAS,
17 NAYS, 0 EXCUSED, 2 ABSENT AND NOT VOTING.

These folks deserve a thank you for a YEA vote!
23rd DAY THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2013 375
YEAS: Amerman; Anderson; Beadle; Belter; Boe; Boschee; Brabandt; Brandenburg;
Carlson; Damschen; Delmore; Dockter; Dosch; Drovdal; Fehr; Froseth; Glassheim;
Gruchalla; Guggisberg; Haak; Hanson; Hatlestad; Hawken; Headland; Heilman;
Heller; Hofstad; Hogan; Holman; Hunskor; Johnson, D.; Johnson, N.; Karls; Keiser;
Kelsh, J.; Kelsh, S.; Kiefert; Klein; Klemin; Koppelman, K.; Kreidt; Kretschmar;
Kreun; Laning; Larson; Looysen; Louser; Maragos; Martinson; Mock; Monson;
Mooney; Muscha; Nathe; Nelson, J.; Nelson, M.; Onstad; Oversen; Owens; Paur;
Pollert; Porter; Rust; Sanford; Schmidt; Silbernagel; Strinden; Sukut; Toman;
Vigesaa; Wall; Weisz; Wieland; Zaiser; Speaker Devlin

NAYS: Becker; Bellew; Boehning; Delzer; Frantsvog; Grande; Kasper; Kempenich;
Koppelman, B.; Meier; Rohr; Ruby; Skarphol; Steiner; Streyle; Thoreson; Trottier
ABSENT AND NOT VOTING: Schatz; Williams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.