Switch to full site

Corona-virus

Remember to respect everyone's opinion. If everyone agreed, we wouldn't need this forum!!!

Moderator: nodakoutdoors.com

Re: Corona-virus

by Resky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:59 am

Canuck wrote:Trump is quite gullible and susceptible to this type of person and their story...
You are all falling for the hydro chloroquine hoax...use the science... the real science not the voodoo stuff.

If this wasn't so stupid I would probable want to laugh but it really makes one want to cry. You find a internet hack site in the UK called Political Joe with a hack guy named Kinsella that pens garbage with no support to back up his BS and you call it the truth.

The Black woman in the video, which you probable didn't watch, is Dr. Stella Immamuel at a Houston Texas hospital. Prior to coming to the US she worked in Nigeria treating Malaria patients. She has treated over 300+ patients in Houston with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and almost all had underlining conditions such as diabetes, Asma, COPD, and all have recovered. Yet you take the word of a hack over this doctor who is on the front line daily. Where is your link proving the hack garbage about alien dna and bad dreams? Even the DAILY News is making that claim but don' back it up with proof.

Yep, to sad to even laugh it off.
Resky

Advertisement

NodakOutdoors.com

by Plainsman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:51 pm

use the science... the real science not the voodoo stuff.
Please show me the peer reviewed publication. :eyeroll:
"Total tolerance is not a virtue, it is a total lack of principles". Plainsman 2016

"Never trust a republican with your PUBLIC LAND. Never trust a democrat with your FIREARMS." Bernie Kuntz 2016

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible".
~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:06 pm

use the science... the real science not the voodoo stuff.

Then ask the same people... How many genders does SCIENCE say their is?

But back to covid.... the thing with this is that it came on very fast and people didn't have a clue about it. So everyone went to a dramatic end and conclusion on it. As we keep finding more and more about this we are getting better data and info on it. THAT IS IF THEY WANT TO SHARE IT OR NOT. Like I mentioned... Come mid November we will know even more about this. It will be either "not as bad" or the other extreme... we are screwed... LOL. But that is the sad part about this virus is that people made it political and that is where it will stay until the election is over.

BTW... like I mentioned before... Look at some of the stuff coming out. No longer need 14 days locked away... 10 is fine. The whole hydroxychloriquine.... again this is debated on all ends.... BUT CNN said in a tweet that it is working in some patients. :thumb: ... then the MASKS... remember Fauci at the begining said about masks... and now masks... and then some others...NO MASKS.. etc. Then the filter systems being developed for office buildings... etc. Remember they said we would be lucky to have a vaccine by this time next year... now it is looking we could have one before christmas... etc. Things are moving at a rapid pace and new data and info is being learned about this virus. So to say...FOLLOW THE SCIENCE... the science is ever changing about this virus. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Canuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Resky,
Have a look at her Facebook page. She gives her bio much as you say. Dig deeper and you see she has started a church and her sermons state the endometriosis is the result of having sex dreams involving aliens and that the government has invented a pill that causes people to reject religion. Someone must have slipped me one of those.
That is not the media, but her own Facebook page. I can see why Trump spoke so highly of her.
Canuck

by Resky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Canuck wrote:Resky,
Have a look at her Facebook page. She gives her bio much as you say. Dig deeper and you see she has started a church and her sermons state the endometriosis is the result of having sex dreams involving aliens and that the government has invented a pill that causes people to reject religion. Someone must have slipped me one of those.
That is not the media, but her own Facebook page. I can see why Trump spoke so highly of her.

Sorry, I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account and never intend to. But if you do, then why not just copy and paste some of her talks to back up the claim? If they even exists. Oh wait, since they shut down her account you can't.
Resky

by Canuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:49 pm

You do not "need" Facebook to look at her page. She is happy to put it out there for all the world to see.
Kind of like Trump and his Twits or Tweets or what ever they are called. Either way he uses them to run the country.

News > World > Americas > US politics

Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question
'I thought she was very impressive'

Griffin ConnollyWashington
6 hours ago
30 comments

Donald Trump doubled down on his decision to retweet a video of Houston doctor Stella Immanuel in which Ms Immanuel touts the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in treating patients of Covid-19 and dismisses masks as unnecessary in stopping its spread.

In the past, Ms Immanuel has made several dubious medical claims, including the harmful effects of having sexual relations with demons and witches while dreaming, the alleged use of alien DNA in various medicines, and the production of a vaccine to inoculate people against being religious.

"I can tell you this: She was on air, along with many other doctors —they were big fans of hydroxychloroquine, and I thought she was very impressive," Mr Trump told reporters of Ms Immanuel at a briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Tuesday.
Canuck

by Resky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Canuck wrote:You do not "need" Facebook to look at her page.

One either has to have a account or create one to see her page. As far as her type of religion which I think is silly as I do a lot of religions it has nothing to do with her ability as a doctor and her treatment of covid-19 patients. Your repeated posts of the same garbage picked up from AP and others such as Roll Call proves nothing. Nothing more than the media and people like you searching for mud to throw at the President. You're wasting your time as none of it sticks. :puke:

Truth is I'm wasting my time reading and replying to this crap. :poke:
Resky

by Canuck » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 pm

There! Now you're getting it. Only 356,457,935 more to go.
Canuck

by Resky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Canuck wrote:

There! Now you're getting it. Only 356,457,935 more to go.

:rollin: Even that went right over your head. The crap I speak about is your crap. :eyeroll:
Resky

by Plainsman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Dr Steven Smith infectiouse disease specislist, and --- missed the name, but a proffesor of medicine both say Hydfoxychloriquin is affective in treating corvid.

I dont care about my doctors lersonal life, Im concerned they can solve my health probldms. Canuck if your dhing of disease X and someone who believes in leprechauns can cure you but a doctor who agrees with you on every thought you have knows nothing of disease X which one will you go to? If you have five days to live which will you go to?
"Total tolerance is not a virtue, it is a total lack of principles". Plainsman 2016

"Never trust a republican with your PUBLIC LAND. Never trust a democrat with your FIREARMS." Bernie Kuntz 2016

~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by Canuck » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:57 am

Even that went right over your head. The crap I speak about is your crap.

You are the one missing the point. This story was published in every rag newspaper and was shown on every television channel all day. THAT is the waste of all of our time.

Years ago USA politics had a role on the world stage. Now the USA is the "stage" and the world watches aghast as the story unfolds.

Please, please, please make the USA great again.
Canuck

by Chuck Smith » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:26 am

Trump defends doctor who claimed medicine is made from alien DNA and walks out of briefing mid question
'I thought she was very impressive'

He talked about other doctors as well. ALL OF THEM STANDING THERE. This lady was just the most vocal. Also like I mentioned her sample size was small... in the 300's... but all responded well and the drug worked. She also used the drug before to treat malaria. So she knows what she is talking about. But yes she had some whacked out things she stated.

Now on the "walk out".... he didn't in mid question about "aliens"... he walked out because the reporter kepts screaming stuff at him after he answered questions and more and more reporters were "reasking" the same questions and so forth. that is why he walked out.

It is funny try to watch the whole presser and you will see how big of fools many of these reporters are. They ask the same question another reporter just asked. I too would walk away. Even if you say... I already answered that... they keep asking it anyways.

Just like the judiciary committees questioning of Barr... it was horrific to watch adults act like this. You thought the Kavanaugh hearing was a joke... this was worse. They would ask a question and when Barr would try to answer they talked over him and wouldn't let him answer. One Representative (cant remember who it was) asked him a question as he was answering she goes... It was a yes or no question... when infact it wasn't a yes or no question. She just wanted to grandstand. It was horrible. :bop:

I will even say this about that judiciary committee hearing everyone was grandstanding. Rep Jordan did it by showing that video... which I think was good but he did it to show up others. Now granted the video basically killed the narrative that things in Portland are "peaceful". WHich that is what the committee wanted to try and lie about. But it was grandstanding none the less. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:18 am

Just wait you will see on the news soon... MN will be a "hot bed" spot... but we still are not at the numbers we had in May. But again... numbers are increasing slightly from June.

745 "new" cases... With 14,821 new test results...that is an infection rate of 5.02%... needs to be lower!!! But still lower than the average of the whole time period. 5 new deaths with 4 of them coming from group/assisted type of facilities. ICU is at 141 and Hospitalization is at 157 both went down which is good. This number has been pretty steady the month of July... slight increases but then falls back down. Again no where near the 250+ ICU's in june that we had. BTW... the total "probable" deaths is still at 40 which is good. Maybe MN was one that wasn't fudging numbers one way or the other. :beer:

Everyone stay safe and make decisions for yourself and family.

tommorrow I will do a retally of monthly totals to see if they changed or not.

Edit:

Also remember testing has sky rocketed and back in May the only people who could get tested were ones who showed a certain number of signs...ie: fever, cough, etc. Now anyone can get tested. So a broader net has been cast and catching more than before.... and the numbers are still down from MAY.

It will be interesting what the Govenor has to say today. :poke:

Another edit: Just noticed on the MN website... it has a new stat... people tested... Which is 820,817. They also changed some of the "extra info" about the positive cases are only getting counted as one. So I will have to redo some stuff. IE: MN infection rate for the whole time period is 6.54% not the 5.4% or so I have been reporting. So this makes the increase not seem so dramatic. :bop: Or a SPIKE. it is more of just a "flare" up. ALso take into consideration what has been going on in MN... riots, protests, etc. Plus the "re-opening of things" which will naturally show an increase. Just as long as it doesn't SKY ROCKET. So again... MN seems on a good track. But it will be interesting what the Gov says today. I know it will focus on school openings and fall sports for schools. :thumb:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:25 pm

Daily update of MN....779 "new" cases. 16,660 tests.... That is an infection rate of 4.68%. So even though case number increased infection rate decreased. WHICH IS GREAT. 6 deaths with 4 coming from assisted care facilities. One death was a 20-29 year old otherwise other 3 were all over 70 years old. ICU is at 151 and hospitalization is at 161. Still good numbers but did increase. Again nothing like the 250's we did see. So not getting OVER CROWDED at all. Probable deaths still at 40. :thumb:

Also the number of "patients" tested is now at 834,354... that is up 13,537. So of the 16,660 people being tested 13,537 are new....and 3,123 are people who are getting tested again.

Now "monthly" totals.... so please look how things changed from when I reported in June and July....

April 1 - April 30

- 59,627 Tests done
- 7,182 positive cases
- 12% infection rate
- 331 Deaths
- 932 Needed Hospitalization of those 326 in ICU Beds
- 13% Hospitalization rate

May 1 - May 31

- 195,008 tests completed
- 18,267 positive cases
- 9.4% infection rate
- 696 Deaths
- 2003 Needed Hospitalization of those 613 needed ICU Beds
- 11% Hospitalization rate

June 1 - June 30
**** As of now because it has only been one day into July these numbers could change because of slower in test reporting****

- 340,620 Tests completed
- 10,293 positive cases
- Infection rate of 3%
- 402 Deaths (this number is accurate and not lagging because of testing)
- 1,007 Needed Hospitalization of those 287 needed ICU Beds (this number is accurate and will not change because of testing)
- 10% Hospitalization rate

So some of the numbers have changed.... even back in April... .which is interesting... But here are the new numbers.

April 1 - April 30

- 59,629 Tests completed
- 7,240 positive cases
- infection rate of 12.14%

May 1 - May 31

- 201,896 Tests completed
- 18,268 positive cases
- infection rate of 9.04%

June 1 - June 30

- 333,542 tests completed (yes this went down some how??)
- 11,616 positive cases
- infection rate of 3.48%

The rest of the data all stayed the same from what is quoted from my earlier post.

Now the numbers as of 07/30/2020... the July 31 numbers will be out tomorrow.

April 1- April 30
- 59,625 Tests Competed (this decreased)
- 7,239 Positive Cases (this decreased)
- 12.14% Infection Rate

May 1 - May 31
- 202,016 Tests completed (this increased)
- 18,280 positive cases (this increased)
- 9.05% infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 333,533 Tests Completed (this decreased)
- 12,342 Positive cases (this increased by 726)
- 3.70% Infection Rate

July 1 - July 30
- 407,890 Tests completed
- 16,325 positive cases
- 4.00% infection rate
- 159 Deaths
- 1,101 Needed hospitalization and of those 252 needed ICU beds.
- 6.74% Hospitalization rate

So when you see numbers being reported about "New" cases it could be back in April, May, or June... Now the infection rate ticket up a little but deaths and Hospitalization down... Which is all good. Also testing increased by over 74,000 and we have one more day to get those numbers included... So could be up to almost 90,000 more tests than the month before. Which is great.

Again just take this data and do with it what you wish to make yourself an informed decision.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:37 am

July 1 - July 30
- 16,325 positive cases
- 4.00% infection rate

Since I posted those numbers on Friday... .this is what has changed...

July 1- July 31
- 422,828 Tests Completed
- 18,348 positive cases
- Infection Rate of 4.34%

So things went up and like my data has shown... this number will change even 2 months from now it total cases and test completed. That number keeps changing. But the infection rate is pretty close each time. :thumb:

Anyways.... todays numbers

622 "new cases" with 15870 tests... that is an infection rate of 3.91%. Total number of tests is 1,070,925... with 872,004 total people being tested with 56,560 total cases.. Which depends on how you want to do it... but total tests verses positive cases is 56,860 / 1,070,925 is an infection rate of 5.28% infection rate. But if you go total people tested / positive cases... you get an infection rate of 6.49%. So either way... our last month and daily update is less than what the total infection rate was during the whole time period. WHICH IS GOOD... again take the info as you will and make good decisions that best fit you and your loved ones.

Edit:

Should have had this in the other "monthly" type thread...

But in MN as of Aug 3, 2020. There has been 1616 deaths. Of those deaths 990 are people over age of 80. That is 61.26%... if you move to deaths of people who are 70+ that number rises to 1298... which is 80.32%. So it shows you the age groups who need to be protected. With the average life expectancy in the USA at about 80. Again I am not trying to down play this because I have lots of family members in the "HIGH RISK" age grouping. But just getting facts out there for people. This shows who should be protected and take extra precautions. :thumb:
Last edited by Chuck Smith on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:43 am

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ingbuttons

another story from FL....

Autopsy Shows Young Florida Nurse Died from Kidney Infection – Never Had Coronavirus

Just saying we are getting too many of these stories that are first reported coming back FALSE.

Like I have been telling everyone.... wait until after the election.... we will be hearing a different tune about the Virus. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR.... It will go one way or the other... it will be worse or way better than what is getting reported now. We wont be hearing the same tune. The media, elected leaders, etc are making this way too political and not getting WE THE PEOPLE the correct info. Just like when Dr. Fauci was testifying. He couldn't come out and say.... protesting COULD spread the virus and to take precautions. He couldn't say that because it was political to go against Protests. Yet he has come out and stated... DONT GO TO CHURCH. Then you see in some states you will get ticketed, churches could get shut down, etc...if they worship. The sad thing is both PROTESTS and CHURCH are protected under the exact same admendment... the 1st!! :bop:

See how everything is so dang political. :bop: Just give the people accurate info so they can make decisions for themselves.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:18 pm

https://twitter.com/DeAngelisCorey/stat ... 6777649153

I found this funny with exactly what I talked about with how we will get different INFO right after the elections....

I also understand what they mean by 1st term is over... ie: After the first quarter/semester/trimester of the school year... they can come back in class. Which might mean... the schools got all set up, precautions in place, etc. Which I can agree with and understand. But it is funny it is right after the election... :thumb: :rollin:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Little more about MN... what the projections were and where we are actually at....

I will also add in.... I will to this day argue with my very right leaning friends that Walz did a good job in the beginning. But now that more and more data is coming out and available. He needs to switch his stance. But again... he is in a damned if you do and a damned if you don't situation. But in his early talks it was all about "Flattening the Curve"... well that happened and now people are ready for it. So loosen the strings a little.
Attachments
EehLQvXWoAAssaX.jpg
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:08 am

BTW...yesterday I saw they are saying MN is a "flair up"... when if you look at my data... it isn't that. Yes cases are increasing but the infection rate is still down. Well until today....First time the infection daily rate was over 7% since the start of this.

606 "new cases" with 8060 tests... that is 7.52% rate of infection. 4 deaths with 2 being in an assisted living type facility. 878,111 "people tested" and 1,078,695 total tests completed. So again.. those are great testing numbers. In the ICU 159 and other hospitalized are 169. So again... good numbers. :bop:

But need to keep up looking at everything... and testing needs to get back up into the 10,000+ a day.

Today is some big news in MN... the State High School league is voting to see what they do with fall sports. Rumblings are to start as normal on Aug 17th... or Cancel it all... or Start Sept 7th... and just shorten the regular seasons... and I cant remember what I read about the possible 4th option. But will find out soon.

This is important for people in ND... because if there isn't fall sports... LOOK OUT COME MEA for MN, WI, etc. You thought you saw an influx last year. Imagine if they all have "distance" learning and no sports. They kids can just use a "hotspot" and be in ND.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:25 am

MN Update...

629 "new cases", 11,720 tested which is an infection rate of 5.37%. 152 in ICU care and 153 other hospitalization. 9 deaths with 4 coming from care facilities. So infection rate and ICU stuff is all good numbers.

The "probable" deaths went up to 41. So who knows if they are confirmed or not. But glad that number isn't going up significantly because that means were are being lied too.

887,623 people tested. With 1,090,303 total tests done.

July 1- July 31
- 422,828 Tests Completed
- 18,348 positive cases
- Infection Rate of 4.34%

An update of these numbers....

- 422,605 tests completed (funny how this always goes down???)
- 19,060 positive cases
- infection rate of 4.5%

June 1 - June 30
- 3.70% Infection Rate

- 340,328 tests completed... THIS WENT UP???
- 11,711 positive cases... this decrease???
- Infection rate of 3.44%

So what is going on with June numbers.... for three times I have checked they keep changing??? Up, down, up, down.... :ticked: :ticked:

Again how can people and elected officials make accurate decisions when numbers keep changing. The infection rate is staying about the same. But this just shows you it is hard to make decisions because things keep changing and we are not getting the full scope of the issue. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 am

MN Numbers for tody....

867 "new cases" with 14,940 tests completed. That is 5.8% infection rate. Not good but not bad either. We need this to drop!!!

153 in ICU and 166 other hospitalizations. So this is good. Deaths was 7 with 3 being in an assisted care facility.

Now 899,480 people have been tested with 1,105,094 tests completed in the state of MN. WHICH IS GREAT!!!

Ok now here is something I will start to question the data and are we getting correct numbers.

If you take what I posted yesterday on tests being completed (1,090,303) and subtract that from what I just posted about tests completed....1,105,094... you get 14,791 tests. yet on the website it states that 14,940 tests were completed?? It shows 759 were completed and reported by the MDH and another 14,181 by external labs.... so that is 14,940 tests... yet the other number reported is different??? Why is this...

Some might say that why would 149 sample matter. Well that is almost 9 new cases (149 x 5.8% infection rate). This is why it matters...

Because in just a few short weeks the Schools will need accurate data to see how they can move forward. MN plan is based off of cases per 10,000 population for counties if they can reopen or how they want to reopen. (full open, hybrid type with distance learning and re open, or all distance learning) So if we dont get accurate data how can they make informed decisions??? Those 9 cases could be from a certain county and that would or could change how the school opens or doesn't open!

This is my issue all along on this. AND I AM GETTING THIS DIRECTLY FROM THE MN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH!!!

EDIT:

This is were you can see how your county in MN is for the cases per 10,000. And the "school" possible plans available. People please stay informed and plan accordingly. :thumb:

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases ... school.pdf
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm

You know what one of the biggest hold ups now with the New Corona Bill....

It is that the Republicans dont want businesses to beable to get sued. It is a liability protection. The Dem's want that removed.

So.... let me just break this down for you. The Dem's want trial lawyers to go after businesses or places for COVID. So if you come into my place of work. Get covid or it can be tracked that you got it at my place. You can SUE. Here is the kicker.... INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER THIS. So you would be going after me personally. So you would end up bankrupting me or any business owner. Now some will say... well Walmart has deep pockets or even Mc D's. Well lots of those are franchised.. .so you are going after the owner not the Corporation!!

So who again is working for the people... NOT THE DEM's. They just want to make lawyers rich. Because just wait when the smoke clears on all of this... the lawsuits. How about lawsuits against... SCHOOLS... again there is no insurance coverage for this. So they want to bankrupt schools.... then guess what will happen to taxes!!!

Anyways.... something to think about.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am

MN Daily numbers....

556 "new cases" out of 15,924 tests completed 3.49% infection rate... (Need to keep this going :thumb: ) 4 deaths with 2 being in a group/assisted care facility. 155 people in ICU beds and 145 other hospitalizations. 910,271 total people tested... and 1,121,299 total tests completed. Again this number isn't jiving with everything.... because subtract 1,105,094 from 1,121,299 equals 16,205....and the numbers posted are 15,924 tests completed today? So again... the numbers are not equaling or they are not explaining why the difference. Is it because these are tests processed weeks ago and not getting into the "daily" numbers... who knows... they might need to explain this.

But out of 910,271 people tested only 59,185 cases (if these are accurate numbers) is 6.5% infection rate... not great but not horrible by any means. If our daily infection rate is below that it is winning against this virus.

Also 51,940 people no longer need isolation. So that means 7,245 "active cases"... this number needs to drop. But out of a population of approximately 5,600,000. That means .13 of the population is "contagious".
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:23 am

Sorry I have been slacking on these updates... I was busy with work and also was out enjoying the Great State of ND. I enjoyed a few days of early goose hunting and just relaxing.

Anyways.... Todays numbers 8/17/2020 for MN.... 359 "new" cases.... with 7,402 tests... that is an infection rate of 4.85%. 9 Deaths with 7 coming from assisted care type facilities. ICU numbers is 154 in beds and another 150 hospitalized. So again... NO swamped which the Gov. of MN kept saying he wanted to avoid. So need to open more things up. The hospitals are ready if anything "expodes".

So when I was gone.... the numbers went from 59,185 "cases" to 66,061 "cases". That is an increase 6,876 cases from 8-7 to 8-17. So an average of 688 "new" cases a day... (I rounded up). Testing went from 1,121,299 to 1,273,397. That is 152,098 tests.... so that is 4.52% rate of infection.... SO GOOD NUMBERS. Still need to go down. But showing MN isn't SKY ROCKETING or anything like that.

The number of "possible" deaths has increased to 46. So 46 deaths might not be linked to COVID... but right now are being counted towards it. In MN so far they have had 1721 total deaths from covid and 1257 have come from a care facility (assisted, nursing, group home, rehab home, etc).

Again take the info with a grain of salt and make informed decisions. BTW... you are not reading too much about Covid now adays.... the media is on the "new" news cycle to push... ie: Election.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Plainsman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:19 am

Good morning Chuck. Jamestown had mass testing a couple days ago and no positives. Things are looking up.

Cuomo praised Trump for all the help in the beginning. Then the fool sent the infected yo nursing homes and killed thousands. Nlw to hide his lack of judgement he blames Trump. What a bunch of loosers.

Did you see Bidens interview with Carly B. The democrats sure like her. Hannity said he couldnt even repeat the words to her new song. So you know I had to google it. Its called WAP. I dont think the democrats have a chance even cheating. They dont want mail in votes to win, they want it to creat civil unrest. Like Russia, China. Cuba, perhaps they think communism will work if they kill enough of us. Those with Trump Derangement Syndrome would certainly drop the hammer on Trump if they had a clear shot. The Secret Service better stay sharp.

~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:52 am

MN Updated Numbers....

567 "new cases" with 34,879 tests completed that is an infection rate of 1.62%. This is misleading because of 34K tests when the average has been closer to the 12K range. But hope it keeps up with huge number of tests. :thumb: There was 17 deaths with 9 coming from an assisted or group type facility. This number is still way to high. But break it down more by age groups.... 1- 60+ age, 5 - 70+ age, 5 - 80+ age, and 6 - 90+ age. Again we want 0 deaths but just to shed light on the subject 11 of the 17 deaths were over the average life expectancy of the national population. ICU Beds is 152 and Hospital stays is 169. So still good numbers or stable numbers there.

We just need to see if testing "drops" tommorrow to the average or if way below.

Stay informed and make your own decisions.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:31 pm

I am just going to do a "mid month" recap here....

April 1- April 30
- 59,625 Tests Competed (this decreased)
- 7,239 Positive Cases (this decreased)
- 12.14% Infection Rate

May 1 - May 31
- 202,016 Tests completed (this increased)
- 18,280 positive cases (this increased)
- 9.05% infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 3.70% Infection Rate

July 1 - July 30
- 16,325 positive cases
- 4.00% infection rate

April 1- April 30
- 59,613 Tests (this keeps going down?)
- 7,241 cases (this keeps changing... went up, down, now back up)
- 12.15% Infection Rate

May 1 - May 31
- 201,972 Tests (this went down?)
- 18,289 Cases (this went up slightly)
- 9.05% Infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 333,147 Tests (Keeps decreasing??)
- 11,777 Cases (this decreased as well)
- 3.54% Infection rate

July 1- July 31
- 422,022 Tests (this is bound to increase as data comes in)
- 19,387 Cases (this is bound to increase as data comes in)
- 4.59% Infection rate

What is alarming or a concern is that the data for July.... 14,132 more tests from last time I checked and from those tests 3,062 new cases... that is a 21.67% increase with the added testing. But look below for august... which is good and trending correctly. Just need to see by the end of August how will the numbers change for July... will they keep going up or will it be the same... around 4-5% infection rate.... time will tell.

So far in August... 269,658 Tests with 9008 Cases...3.34% infection rate. The testing average is about 14980 a day so far for august. If they keep this up it would be about 460,000 tests completed for August... which is 40K more than done in July. So testing is amazing and doing good. :thumb:

Edit:

A few things to note....
1. What happened in June...ie protesting which could make the july numbers increase.
2. What happened in July... bars opened up which could lead to the increase in july numbers
3. What happened in August... mask mandate... could corralate to the good numbers so far. But we also have school opening... so we will see how it plays out. :thumb:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am

Numbers from MN...

698 "new" cases with 13810 tests... infection rate of 5.05% 7 Deaths with 2 coming from assisted care type facilities. 148 in the ICU with another 161 in the hospital. All good/stable numbers. The deaths need to stop but the rest is stable and going in the right direction.

Make informed decisions you feel best to do. But dont believe the HYPE that MN is a "hotbed". It is far from it.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm

MN update....

835 "new cases" with 8 deaths. 4 of them coming from assisted care type facilities. 18,815 tests completed... infection rate of 4.44%. ICU is 136 with another 160 in hospital.

Numbers still trending in a good direction.

Also for people wondering about schools.

With the guidelines set forth by the Govenor.... number of cases per 100K... 51 counties are in the 0-9 range (which means could go back to full time in person learning) 26 are in the range of 10-19 (which is Elem in person learning and HS hybrid) and 10 counties are in the 20-29 (Which is both Hybrid learning).

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases ... school.pdf

This is the data point from 7/26 to 8/8.

Stay safe.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

MN Update...

717 "new" cases.... with 12,296 is a 5.83% infection rate. 4 deaths with 3 of them coming assisted facilities. 135 in the ICU with 175 others in hospital.

So all the numbers but the "new" cases needs to keep dropping. With school starting today we will see how things progress. The testing is great... ICU numbers are good... etc.

Stay safe.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Plainsman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:09 pm

A researcher from Yale University says Hydroxychloroquine would save a lot of elderly patients. The democrats are willing to let people die to destroy the economy and defeat Trump. Just as much murderers as those who took over Russia and China to get communism.

https://www.marklevinshow.com/2020/08/2 ... loroquine/

~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Lets not forget about the PLASMA treatment that the FDA tried to outlaw.

But again... anything Trump says is BAD.

Just like the thing I posted about the Rose garden and the updates... it was for handicap assessibility. But many are "up in arms" about it.

Did anyone see about the post office... Pelosi's bill that she pushed thru actually will hurt the post office from performing some duties that will be required of them. Interesting isn't it. She can come running back to push a bill on the Post office but not for Corona aid??? :poke:

She is playing political games before an election.
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:36 pm

I also forgot to mention the 77 FALSE POSITIVE test results for the NFL. That when checked again were all NEGATIVE!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... r-BB18kspQ
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Plainsman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:32 pm

The democrats can no longer surprise me with how low they can go. We should have known they have no low boundaries when they pushed abortion. Now they are willing to let people die in their power struggle. Im surprised they have not gone for euthanizeing the elderly, but when you have a virus that kills the old and sick you can sit back and pretend you care.

More proof on how little they care, they want resource officers out of the schools. Why? I believe because there isnt enough school shootings to move their gun confiscation forward. The people in Missouri that had been charged with a felony for defending themselves with guns they never fired spoke at the republican convention tonight. The black woman that was the loudest and crudest mouth who threatened them has won the nomination to represent that district.

Speaking of the republican convention, if Biden seen it he will vote for Trump. If he was for law and order, if he wasnt a war monger, if he supported the police -------' what do you want to bet he now comes out and says we dont understand he actually supports the police. Where is the emoticon for gagging? :eyeroll:

~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am

MN Numbers for today...

8858 Tested.... 414 "new" cases...4.67% infection rate. 8 deaths with 2 coming from "assisted" care type places. ICU 137 and other hospitals 175.

A funny little thing... number of tests completed dropped from yesterday... went from 12296 to 12284. Again not a big drop or anything. But shows you how the numbers keep changing.

Later today I will do another "recap" to see how the numbers changed for April, May, June, July.... since it has been 25 days since end of july those numbers you would think should be more "solid" but as I have shown... they never are. :poke:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:23 am

Corona update for MN today....

542 "new" cases with 11,013 tests completed... 4.9% infection rate. 14 deaths with 10 of them coming from an assisted or group home facility. 134 in the ICU and 170 in hospitals. Also the "probable" deaths increased to 49... so they might or might not be linked to COVID.

There has been 1793 Deaths in MN with 1325 coming from assisted or group type facilities. That is 73.9% of the deaths are from those type of facilities. Again not saying dont that the virus lightly. But it shows you who is vulnerable the most. There has been a total of 10895 cases that came from group, assisted, nursing, corrections, homeless type shelters or living facilities. That includes staff, visitors or residents of these places. So that is roughly 12.16% of these people that got the virus there have died. Again not to take it lightly...

Now there is a total of 71236 cases that happened in MN... if you subtract those that came from the facilities...60341 cases outside of these facilities... with 468 deaths coming from those outside of the facilities... that is a .78% chance of death... YES LESS THAN 1% chance.

Again dont take this lightly and make decisions for yourself. But it shows you the numbers... and this is not just 1 month worth... but since MARCH... almost 6 months of data...and it is consistent. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

MN Numbers for today...

1158 "new" cases. With 21,144 tests.... infection rate of 5.48% With 13 deaths and 6 coming from assisted care type facilities.

139 are in the ICU with another 166 in hospitals.

Total cases in MN 72,390 with 1,093,490 people tested and 1,427,347 total tests completed. That is a 6.62 infection rate per person.

So lets put this into perspective... in 2019 MN estimated population is about 5,639,632. So they have tested about 20% of the population (19.39%) So doing pretty good on the testing and a sample size of 20% should show you how things will go. Most studies are not even close to 20% sample size. :thumb:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:51 pm

April 1- April 30
- 59,613 Tests (this keeps going down?)
- 7,241 cases (this keeps changing... went up, down, now back up)
- 12.15% Infection Rate

May 1 - May 31
- 201,972 Tests (this went down?)
- 18,289 Cases (this went up slightly)
- 9.05% Infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 333,147 Tests (Keeps decreasing??)
- 11,777 Cases (this decreased as well)
- 3.54% Infection rate

July 1- July 31
- 422,022 Tests (this is bound to increase as data comes in)
- 19,387 Cases (this is bound to increase as data comes in)
- 4.59% Infection rate

So a quick recap...

April 1- April 30
- 59,620 Tests (this went up)
- 7,242 Cases (this went up by 1)
- 12.15% infection rate

May 1 - May 31
- 201,980 tests (went up)
- 18,290 cases (went up by 1)
- 9.05% infection rate

June 1 - June 30
- 333,086 tests (went down)
- 11,772 cases (went down)
- 3.53% infection rate

July 1 - July 31
- 421,922 tests (went down by 100)
- 29,367 cases (went up by about 10K)
- 6.96% infection rate

August 1 - August 26
- 388,886 tests
- 14,803 cases
- 3.81% Infection rate

Something doesn't add up???

So far in August... 269,658 Tests with 9008 Cases...3.34% infection rate. The testing average is about 14980 a day so far for august. If they keep this up it would be about 460,000 tests completed for August... which is 40K more than done in July. So testing is amazing and doing good. :thumb:

So above is what I typed for AUG numbers for Aug 1-18.... that is 9008 cases. then see the data above in the quoted about previous months...and now the new data.

So how can july jump up 9980 cases.... August go up including adding 8 days up 5795 cases. that is 9980+5795=15775 cases.

Now I have done 6 updates (missing weekends) and that totals to 4364 "new" cases. When the data should say 15775 new cases??? What is going on? In the two days I missed there wasn't 11,000+ cases. Something doesn't add up????

I went back and added up the tests I missed in two days was 29,027.... then i added up the tests I reported on... in those 8 days is 85,936... so a total of 114,963.... when it should be 119,228 by the "monthly" totals. only missing about 5K... but how does that make up for 11000+ cases in missing 5k tests???? Something isn't adding up??

We need accurate info to make accurate decisions.... how can 11,000 cases appear??? plus the testing difference of 5,000? even if those 5,000 were all positive it doesn't add up! This 11,000 number should be less 6,000... because we are missing 5,000 tests if all of those tests were positive there should be 5,000 cases not 11,000.

So lets just use the numbers I posted above with total people so far and total tests done.... If you subtract 6,000 cases... which like i just stated we are missing 5,000 tests and have 11,000 positive or new cases difference... so that is 6,000 cases if all of the missing tests were positive.... So now the total cases should be 66,390 "total cases" instead of 72,930. Now take that divided by the total number of people tested.... and we can subtract 6000 from that number as well because those are missing test/people so now a total of 1,087,490... that is now an infection rate of 6.1% not 6.62%... now that is if all of the missing tests were new people and all positive. People might not say a big difference but it could mean if a school can do learning in person or not. WE NEED ACCURATE INFO!!! :bop:

I will wait until the end of the month and hopefully they have a correction... but something isn't adding up. We have had this before and they come out with something that shows or says why it is different. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Chuck Smith » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:28 am

MN update for today...

862 "new cases" with 16,319 tests. Infection Rate 5.28% infection rate. With 4 deaths and 2 coming from an assisted living type facility. 137 people in the ICU and another 164 in the hospital.

Stay safe everyone. :bop:
Chuck Smith
Supporting Member

by Plainsman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 pm

College started so we went from 0 to 3 a day to 24 yesterday. I think the biggest problem is the bars. and the ten foot tall and bjllet proof attitude. Speaking of attitude listening to some young people they laugh and call covid the "boomer remover".

~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

PreviousNext