North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

rutting up fields

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dakotashooter2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
this is 100% correct....

ask permission to drive into fields. It is wet wet wet. Even with this cold snap that is freezing the ground... still ask. The sun can make soft spots in the field and you can cause ruts.

I just got back from ND and talked with some farmers. They mentioned this is the most they have had to "help" hunters who got stuck in the fields. One made the comment he might shut down people hunting on his land because it was getting to be too much. So please as fellow hunters.... be careful. Have someone walk infront of the vehicle and check to make sure it isn't too soft... and even if it is "iffy"... back out and just walk in your decoys and spread.

If you don't want to see a Trespass law in ND... you need to make sure you respect the land and the land owners. :bop: :thumb: :beer:

#3 ·
I agree use a little common sense mixed with equal part of respect. That said I was out looking at the bad roads here in Stutsman county and the big 18 wheeler grain trucks are rolling. I sure hope they don't blame hunters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.