Switch to full site

Snow

Roosters, roosters, and more roosters...Pheasant hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: KEN W, ac700wildcat

Snow

by DonC » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 am

How much snow in southern ND
DonC

Advertisement

NodakOutdoors.com

Re: Snow

by DonC » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Hope everyone hasn't left. New day....New season. What is everyone seeing out there ? Snow for opening is different. How is harvest coming ? Not good I expect due to wx. BobM and Shasha what are your observations so far ? Thanks for replying.
DonC

by Plainsman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Two hours ago we had 14 inches of snow. I cleared the driveway and another two inches has fallen on that. Wind has hit 61mph here in Jamestown.

One of my friends started on his beans nearly a month ago, but I think 90% are in the field yet. I have heard some begin to sprout which means they have lost them. I have seen no corn harvested.

They say we could get in the 40's next week, but with this snow on the ground I don't think it will happen.
"Total tolerance is not a virtue, it is a total lack of principles". Plainsman 2016

"Never trust a republican with your PUBLIC LAND. Never trust a democrat with your FIREARMS." Bernie Kuntz 2016

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible".
~Thomas Aquinas
Plainsman
Supporting Member

by blhunter3 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Harvest will be worse then last year. A would assume a lot of fields won't get touched until it freezes or next spring.
blhunter3
Supporting Member

by Bobm » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:08 pm

I’ve been told everything is very wet, crops aren’t harvested and the roads are sketchy in some areas. I’m waiting until after deer season to make my trip unless there is a early blizzard.

The cover is still very dense. My source is reliable.

Good luck it’s still way better than GEORGIA
Bobm
Supporting Member